JohnnieB

JohnnieB

Senior Audioholic
I have a need to connect my pre/pro, plasma, I phone, tablet and whatever else I might want in the future, to each other via Bluetooth. I have managed to get video from my plasma to my tablet, but not the other way round and had no audio from my pre/pro. As an example, I would like to go from say my tablet, video to plasma, audio to pre. Same with phone or PC.

I'm thinking a Bluetooth hub would be where I need to look. If this is not correct, please, let me know. If so, which hub is likely to be compatible with most devices. Oort, Jabra, Logitech....

The list goes on and on. I would like to be able to throw my PC in the mix as well. Not sure what I have to do there.

Any insight would be helpful.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Hmm. Can you give us more examples of why you want to do this? Is it controlling each unit or just streaming content? If it is streaming then something like Plex if you want use ripped media or Chromecast if you are just trying to send content form a computer or tablet will work as well.

JohnnieB

JohnnieB

Senior Audioholic
Streaming content.

As far as control goes, the tablet has IR and can be set up to control at least the display, haven't played with that feature yet. I was planning on a universal remote at some point.

I would like to be able to steam you tube or other content. Use my PC for media storage. I can currently stream audio to my pre/pro from phone and tablet, but can't get the video to the display. The Bluetooth usb on my pre is, to my knowledge, audio only. So I have to stream the video separately to my display. It seems like I can't get devices to talk to each other as one big happy collective. If that helps.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I really don't think Bluetooth is the answer. Chromecast is an HDMI device that will connect to one of the HDMI inputs of your TV or receiver and you can "send" a wide variety of content to it. You choose the content within the app (Netflix, Hulu, Chrome browser, etc.) and then click an icon to send it to your Chromecast and it will then play the audio and video out of the HDMI dongle. If you connect it to the TV then you will have to pass audio back to the receiver via an optical or coax cable. If you put on the receiver then you will get audio directly and then pass the video to the TV. I believe they now offer Plex support which would then allow you to pass local content as well.

JohnnieB

JohnnieB

Senior Audioholic
I haven't had any experience with chromecast yet. I'll research it and see what I can figure out. Thanks.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I don't have much experience with Bluetooth when it comes to Home Theater.

The only Bluetooth I've used with HT was for my HTPC keyboard and I stopped doing that. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis