Bluetooth with HDMI output?

Jungle Squirrel

Jungle Squirrel

Enthusiast
My apologies in advance if I missed any threads on this in my search.

Are there any Bluetooth device receivers that have HDMI output? I’d like to connect it to a receiver that is not Bluetooth capable. I do have other inputs but I’d like to use the HDMI if it does indeed exist. If it doesn’t exist, is there a reason?

Thanks!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Can't think of any reason why a BT device would need hdmi at all so why would such a device go to that expense? I've never seen such a thing in any case.

What receiver/avr do you have? Lots of BT receivers out there that you can connect to an avr/receiver tho I'd consider just using wifi instead of BT in the home anyways....

Jungle Squirrel

Jungle Squirrel

Enthusiast
Can't think of any reason why a BT device would need hdmi at all so why would such a device go to that expense? I've never seen such a thing in any case.

What receiver/avr do you have? Lots of BT receivers out there that you can connect to an avr/receiver tho I'd consider just using wifi instead of BT in the home anyways....
Hmmm, I’m listening in regards to WIFI. I have a Yamaha rxa680bl downstairs where I’m a little more curios on the music. Yes, it is Bluetooth capable but reception is terrible on it. May be a defect but bought it open box.

my real receiver is upstairs in the “theater”. But that one is not a problem.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Bluetooth is not the optimal solution to the problem. Use the MusicCast app over your network to get music to the Yamaha.

Jungle Squirrel

Jungle Squirrel

Enthusiast
So I did download the music cast app and set it all up. The sound quality is much better. Only downside in my opinion is the delay in music selection, but overall, I’m very pleased. I guess I was living in the Stone Age.

Thanks for the replies and help!

Travis

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Hmmm, I’m listening in regards to WIFI. I have a Yamaha rxa680bl downstairs where I’m a little more curios on the music. Yes, it is Bluetooth capable but reception is terrible on it. May be a defect but bought it open box.

my real receiver is upstairs in the “theater”. But that one is not a problem.
If the AVR is in a cabinet and surrounded by other equipment, on the far side of a fireplace when you try to use BT or some other heavy objects, don't expect BT or radio to work well. Did you attach both antennas for WiFi and BT? If not, do that- it's absolutely necessary.

You should read the manual- of all ways to connect to this AVR and stream from your phone, BT is the worst. This AVR has an ethernet port- use it. If WiFi connection works, fine, but hard-wired is always best and you should download the MusicCast app, so you can not only stream from the phone, you can also control the AVR functions like source selection, volume, zone control, etc.

Also, once the ethernet cable is connected (or, you connect to the network via WiFi), find the AVR's IP address, open the browser on your computer and enter the address with /setup at the end. This opens the setup menu and it's far more complete than what the on screen display shows.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Joy! Nice job. Agree about ethernet cables, use them on any device you can in your network for a solid signal. Web setup is great. But, while it’s great on a PC or tablet, it’s not configured for a Smart Phone and screen is cropped and difficult to navigate. While new models are forced to use MusicCast app, that model may still work with the Yamaha AV Controller app and you can try it out. If on the latest firmware, it will also work with Airplay 2 which is also superior to a bluetooth connection.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Joy! Nice job. Agree about ethernet cables, use them on any device you can in your network for a solid signal. Web setup is great. But, while it’s great on a PC or tablet, it’s not configured for a Smart Phone and screen is cropped and difficult to navigate. While new models are forced to use MusicCast app, that model may still work with the Yamaha AV Controller app and you can try it out. If on the latest firmware, it will also work with Airplay 2 which is also superior to a bluetooth connection.
Yamaha also has an app for controlling their AVRs without it being called 'MusicCast' and it controls many of the AVR's features & functions.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Yes, the Yamaha AV Controller app. Unfortunately, new models are forced to use the MusicCast app and I was never able to try it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis