Blue Jeans Cable interconnect quality??

P

PSU80

Junior Audioholic
I am considering component video cables and audio interconnects from Blue Jeans Cable. Does anyone have an opinion on their quality or have any other suggestions for other reasonably priced cables?

Thanks

P

Privateer

Full Audioholic
I ordered 7CH XLR and RCA interconnects from them and must say the quality is A+.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Their component video cables are good enough for us to give them Product of the Year Award for 2004

We fully endorse the products that they sell. In fact the new home I am building will be wired exclusively with Bluejeans Cable if it means anything to ya.

howie85

howie85

Full Audioholic
Thanks to Gene and Audioholics I have been introduced to the quality of Blue Jean Cables. I have just made another order in the process of changing over from the multiple brands currently connecting my components. Blue Jeans are of solid construction, the canare connections make the best contact of any I have tried, and you can get any color you want to customize your setup. Thanks again Gene for the reccomendation. Curt :D

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
Not only is the quality outstanding so is their service. I ordered a set of cables on the internet around 3 PM on a Saturday. I received confirmation that they were shipped at 5:30 PM that same day and received the cables on Monday via postal service. I don't think it can get any better than that and I did not pay any extra for shipping. :)

G

Guapo

Enthusiast
I purchased the component cables based on Audioholics Award of 2004. I had been doing a mix and match combo, but since switching everything over to Blue Jeans, I was able to tell a big difference. Just be careful to make sure you have enough room between the back of your receiver and the wall. I'm not kidding when I say these are some HUGE cables. Very stiff and very thick - like almost an inch around. Blue Jeans also offers a more flexible cable and in hindsight, I may have gone that route instead.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Blue Jeans is highly recommended, especially for the Belden 7710A-based component video cables. Their service was flawless for me. I ordered balanced interconnects from them and the terminations are very high quality. As a bonus, their price is the lowest I could find. In fact, I wish I had ordered my component video cable from them too. I made the mistake of ordering one from Cobalt Cable, and paid about twice the price for a nearly identical product. (Cobalt includes techflex; that's the only difference I can discern.) Cobalt doesn't specify Belden 7710 the way Blue Jeans does, but those physical specs look identical. If it ain't Belden I'll apologize in public.

As an aside, in Cobalt Cable's defense, when I complained about the price a couple weeks after the I received the cable they offered to take the it back and issue a full refund. I decided to keep it because I thought the process of returning their cable and waiting for another from Blue Jeans wasn't worth the $60 or so I would have saved. I also thought it was just a touch unfair to make Cobalt pay for my lack of simple research. They were true to their advertising promises. Nonetheless, if you want the best price and equal quality and service it looks like Blue Jeans is the way to go.

howie85

howie85

Full Audioholic
I have contacted Blue Jeans on the flexability of their components and their reply was fast and easy. If you scroll down on the price sheet a little of the component cables, you will see the option of ordering the same cables with techflex instead of the heavy cover that comes on the grouped cables. Then use the no questions return policy and get your money back on the heavy not too flexable cables. They were happy to make the exchange. Additional note, I had the opportunity to chat with Kurt for a few about some interferrence issues not related to Blue Jeans and he was helpful and pleasant to deal with. Top Notch Customer Service IMHO :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis