V

viseral audio

Audioholic
can someone clarify something for me , I'm trying to mate my svs pb ultra with my svs ultra towers and my setup is just 2 channel stereo with an older Yamaha DSP a3090 , it only has a fixed crossover at 90 hz which is ok for now but doesn't have distance settings to match then without cancellations so I'm using phase settings on sub currently at 70 degrees which I measured in rew to give best response. is the distance settings on modern receivers the same as phase adjustments on the sub?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
No, distance setting is delay. For example, with the DSP built into most modern Subs, it is fairly common to see Audyssey (or similar) set the distance further away than the sub is... that's compensation for the DSP processing. ;)
When properly set up, the sound of your speakers and sub should hit your ear at the same time.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
can someone clarify something for me , I'm trying to mate my svs pb ultra with my svs ultra towers and my setup is just 2 channel stereo with an older Yamaha DSP a3090 , it only has a fixed crossover at 90 hz which is ok for now but doesn't have distance settings to match then without cancellations so I'm using phase settings on sub currently at 70 degrees which I measured in rew to give best response. is the distance settings on modern receivers the same as phase adjustments on the sub?
Yes. Phase is delay is distance.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
However the sub amp phase adjustment is more about polarity...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You can always add something to provide more control like a miniDSP 2x4....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis