Y

Yeti

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>In my new house, I only have part of the rear wall on which I could hang a bipolar surround (i.e PSB Image 10s). I could hang them from side walls, but I am worried that the angle of the two drivers could create a null position in my seating area. My questions: can bipolar go on the side walls? Would I be better with direct-firing bookshelf as surround? Bonus question: Can bipolar be ceiling mounted? Thanks</font>

<font color='#000080'>I highly recommend reading Dolby's pages on these topics:

Dolby Labs Speaker Placement Recommendations

Essentially, dipolars are fine, especially from a side wall - but you'll want to place the speakers slightly in front of, or behind your listening position so that you generate good direct and reflective sound. Your room will affect this a great deal, so experiment before running permanent wiring.</font>

Khellandros66

Khellandros66

Banned
<font color='#000000'>Interestins situation.

If there are no doors near the rear of the room, wall mounting them on the rear wall would allow a nice soundstage by allowing a smooth ltor pan and the reflective sound of the drivers firing towards the side walls could provide ambience.

My parents' living room had nowhere to place side speaks, so my dad bought Radioshack 180 degree Linaem Inwall speakers (can't remeber exact spelling) and they are mounted in the rear wall. this actuall provides a tremendous sounstage ttoo, ie rain, flying bullits etc. &nbsp;

My 2 Cents.

~Bob</font>

Khellandros66

Khellandros66

Banned
<font color='#000000'>Interestins situation.

If there are no doors near the rear of the room, wall mounting them on the rear wall would allow a nice soundstage by allowing a smooth ltor pan and the reflective sound of the drivers firing towards the side walls could provide a great deal of ambience.

My parents' living room had nowhere to place side speaks, so my dad bought Radioshack 180 degree Linaem Inwall speakers (can't remeber exact spelling) and they are mounted in the rear wall. this actuall provides a tremendous sounstage too, ie rain, flying bullits etc. &nbsp;

My 2 Cents.

~Bob</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis