BIpolar/dipole/Direct radiating

C

colinwoods84

Audioholic Intern
How do I know what kind I have? I'm running ascend acoustics cbm170 for my rears and I am trying to figure out placement so I am following the sticky in the beginner thread. Spent all this money on new gear and I'm not "feeling" it so trying to get placement down and see if it helps. This shtuff is hard!!!

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Your speakers are direct radiating monopoles, and nice ones at that, I like those speakers.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The CBM170s would be considered direct radiating.

C

colinwoods84

Audioholic Intern
Appreciate it. I'm just really trying to get this acoustics situation down cause I wanna really crank it and not say I like what I felt more from that Bose tv set they got out now.

C

colinwoods84

Audioholic Intern
also, Do you guys know if I should be connecting my sourrunds to my SB SBL/SBR positions??

T

tjf120

Audioholic Intern
It probably depends on your AV receiver manufacturer. It should say in your manual (or you can look it up online) and then make any changes in the 'setup' menus. It should be labeled surround L/R... and NOT back or rear surround L/R unless yours is an oddball.

C

colinwoods84

Audioholic Intern
well im running with a txnr-708. Ive got it hooked up to just the SL/SR for now

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
What are you running for side surrounds? There isn't much 7.1 material, most movies are 5.1.

C

colinwoods84

Audioholic Intern
oh nothing I am just running the 5.1. I was just making sure that I had it hooked up correctly.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis