Big or small rear speakers

V

vanillavato

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>I'm new to home theather but I was just wondering what is better for rear speakers. I have 250 watt front speakers with 15&quot; woofers. There will be no subwoofer. What would sound the best, smaller rear speakers or large ones? And what should I set the speakers at (large or small). Thanks

-Dallas--</font>

V

vanillavato

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>Well the front speakers are merak (from radio shack) and have a freq. range of 30-20,000 Hz. I have no center yet but am getting one. I also have 2 jvc speakers that are 100 watts each with 12&quot; woofers. They are 35-20,000 Hz. Would it be a good idea to add them as rears or be better to get new ones that match with the center. If so would your recommend a certan brand?
Thanks.</font>

<font color='#000000'>12&quot; woofers are a bit overkill for surrounds - I would be more concerned that you matched the front speakes with the center channel that you are getting. You can add the JBLs for surrounds until you can afford matching surround speakers.

Also, take a look at the amount of money you would like to invest in your system and then go check out some competing brands like Axiom Audio...

Big doesn't equal better in speakers anymore, and if you are looking to invest some money into your system (between a center and surrounds) I would recommend looking at a pair of M1ti's and a VP50.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>Since you are that new. Research and set you budget amount for your upgrade or a new set up. I started out with JBL Northridge and then Studio series. Great sound and value for the money in the starter/budget range. My first set up is all Studio series and I'm more then pleased with it. I've recently set up my second H/T in my home and went with Axiom Audio. These speakers take music and home theater to another level. Good luck !!!!</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis