Bic F-12 vs BIC Acoustech PL-200 ii 12" 1000 Watts

• Thread starter LikeItCheapShane
  • Start date
L

LikeItCheapShane

Enthusiast
Hey guys I was just curious if anybody has listened to these two budget subwoofers, could compare them as far as what's a better buy and as far as sound quality. I know the pl 200 has a higher wattage amp. Thanks in advance for any info that someone may have!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Might look at this review on data-bass.com for the PL200 https://data-bass.com/data?page=system&id=47. That's the only sub Josh tested, tho.

Bigger question is why only these two subs? What is your budget and application in terms of room size and for movies and/or music ? Amp power is somewhat meaningless without knowing the sensitivity of each system, tho.

A

Audio-A

Enthusiast
Hey guys I was just curious if anybody has listened to these two budget subwoofers, could compare them as far as what's a better buy and as far as sound quality. I know the pl 200 has a higher wattage amp. Thanks in advance for any info that someone may have!
Hey there!
I bought the PL200 as my first sub 10+ yrs ago. Now, I can't give you a direct comparison to the other one but I can give you my list of subs I still own and YES, the PL200 is still being used right behind my lounge chair;) possibly this would help ur Cause/ Quest. If you haven't already made ur mind up and ur still looking... I may be able to help you find what you want. I've a bunch of deferent Subs and will list them here if you respond. I know how it can be on these forums when a lot of ppl won't talk to u if you have something budget and Old.

Let me know if I can help.
A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A

Audio-A

Enthusiast
Hey there!
I bought the PL200 as my first sub 10+ yrs ago. Now, I can't give you a direct comparison to the other one but I can give you my list of subs I still own and YES, the PL200 is still being used right behind my lounge chair;) possibly this would help ur Cause/ Quest. If you haven't already made ur mind up and ur still looking... I may be able to help you find what you want. I've a bunch of deferent Subs and will list them here if you respond. I know how it can be on these forums when a lot of ppl won't talk to u if you have something budget and Old.

A

?

Oh yea... what will u be using them for Music/ Movies and how bigga room u have and what do u have rigged up so far... l.e. What type of speakers/ receiver etc...

L

LikeItCheapShane

Enthusiast
Might look at this review on data-bass.com for the PL200 https://data-bass.com/data?page=system&id=47. That's the only sub Josh tested, tho.

Bigger question is why only these two subs? What is your budget and application in terms of room size and for movies and/or music ? Amp power is somewhat meaningless without knowing the sensitivity of each system, tho.

I know amp size may not make a huge difference in sound quality, that why I was curious in the pl-200 ii was worth the extra money as far these two subs go. My room is 14 by 30. My living room and kitchen flow together. I was choosing these two subs bc of the price point on them. The f-12 I've seen at 220.00 and the pl-200 ii is around 279.00. I would like to purchase two sub with out breaking the bank. At them moment I have a klipsch sw-450 that I have been using for about 5 years, very little though considering I travel for work. Did see the write up that Josh did. But that is the older version, I'm not sure what all they have changed but I do know they have redone a few things to the box like two smaller forward facing ports compared to the single larger port that bic had on the first go round. Also this would be for movies and music. Little bit of everything honestly.

Last edited:
L

LikeItCheapShane

Enthusiast
Hey there!

A

Hey thanks for the response. I'm just looking to try and upgrade what I all ready have. Would like to go with dual subs and that's one of the reason I have been looking at some cheaper options. At the moment I have the klipsch sw-450 handling my bass for movies and music.

L

LikeItCheapShane

Enthusiast
?

Oh yea... what will u be using them for Music/ Movies and how bigga room u have and what do u have rigged up so far... l.e. What type of speakers/ receiver etc...

Would be set up for a little bit of everything. Movies/ music depending on the mood could be classic rock to some booming dance music while having some drinks and playing cards with friends and family lol.

Currently I'm running the polk cs10 center channel, klipsch f30 towers, two sets of polk t15 for my surround and back speakers, with a klipsch SW-450 sub. Powered my a denon 3400 that I just hooked up last night and haven't been able to turn on and tune due to my wife sleeping for work!!!!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Might check out the Dayton SUB1500 at parts-express.com....

L

LikeItCheapShane

Enthusiast
Might check out the Dayton SUB1500 at parts-express.com....
You would recommend the Dayton 1500 over the bic drivers? I did browse that option but was reading that alot of ppl went with the f-12 over it.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You would recommend the Dayton 1500 over the bic drivers? I did browse that option but was reading that alot of ppl went with the f-12 over it.
I've read very nice things about the SUB1200/1500 models, good value for money but haven't owned those subs (nor the BICs). I've used Dayton drivers in some diy speakers, and they're generally well regarded. Maybe @yepimonfire can provide some info on his Dayton subs....

Zarkoff500

Zarkoff500

Enthusiast
I am currently using a Sub-1500 in my house theater. It was used in the garage theater for quite a while as well. Mine doesn't put out much under 30 HZ but does a decent job with music and movies. Gets louder than I need as well. As others have said it isn't as refined as more expensive subs but it is a capable 15" sub for less than $200.

theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
In the BIC subwoofer line the PL-200 is their top model, then the F12 and finally the H-100. I've reviewed the PL-200 and H-100 but not the F12. From those evals I can speculate about the F12.

The H-100 strikes me as being designed more for music than HT, with the F12 doing the opposite. The PL-200 seems to target the middle ground, and for the price I think it does a nice job. If you want a sub that goes about its business in a more apparent manner the F12 might be the right choice. If you prefer something a bit more refined than the PL-200 may be better suited.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis