BIC Acoustech $776 shipped 5.1 at Ubid

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
brian32672 said:
Yes that is correct, you would be dropped.
awesome I'm just gonna do it and be done with it, $100 dollars for a center can't beat that.

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
Spiffyfast said:
awesome I'm just gonna do it and be done with it, $100 dollars for a center can't beat that.
I see you bought it, now for all the others of this set...... :)
I went ahead and put a bid on one as well, if I win or loose its not a big deal.

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
Yeah, depending on whats left of the surrounds I may bid on them friday when I get paid, we'll see then I just have to figure out what I'm going to use for rears in 7.1, think klipch sattelites would probably work b/c i dont wanna see em

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
Ok, I ended up getting the center for 65. plus shipping and the surrounds for 70. plus shipping. GREAT DEAL.

The surrounds now give me a full 7.1 system. YEAH....

The center is for backup. But I may just turn around and put it on eBay at a cheap buy it now price - and still make money..... :)

Also I will now sell my XC-9 center as well.

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Maybe you should do the Ray Adkins thing and use TWO centers with your system, one above and one below the screen. Why not? If you've got the gear, use it!

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
jaxvon said:
Maybe you should do the Ray Adkins thing and use TWO centers with your system, one above and one below the screen. Why not? If you've got the gear, use it!
I have thought about that. Specially for the 120" screen. And I may just do it.
But for now it will remained sealed, until I re-set my system up.

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
jaxvon said:
Actually I would still need to buy a stereo amp just for the centers. But I would be able to dial in on dialouge better.
And it is a serious consideration since I do like a lot of center sound....
BTW jaxvon, I tipped your scales ;)

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
I already helped you out. If you check the "User CP" section at the forum nav bar, you can see who's left little tidbits.

But yeah, if you have a 120" screen, you're pretty far back. And with two centers, you can justify buying more gear, which is always a plus. What do you think you'll be looking at for an amp?

This thread is so hijacked, but then, the original topic has been well-discussed, so I think a tangent is acceptable.

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
I am thinking in terms of a QSC or Crown amp. Something that matches the output of my receiver. However I am still debating on a full 7 channel amp. I know the Outlaw monoblocks have a special when you buy 5. And they are also a consideration.

Actually this thread has jumped from speakers to wires to amps to toys, etc...
But its all good..

Last edited:
Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
I think the outlaws even have a deal when you buy 7 of the monoblocks

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
Ubid has the Centers and Surrounds on sale again. I may have to pick up the surrounds, but I dont know if they'd ship to me in time.

Buckeyefan 1 said:
Here's the letter I drafted and sent to BIC:

Dear BIC/Acoustech,

I am an active member of www.Audioholics.com. I go by the screen name "Buckeyefan 1." Yes, I'm from Columbus, OH, and a huge Ohio State Buckeye fan.

[snip]

We'll see if they respond.
Whoa, there... We appreciate your enthusiasm, but if you contact anyone please do it without committing us or acting as (or coming across as) a representative of Audioholics. I don't mind our members emailing manufacturers, but the sole purpose would be to have them simply email/contact us, not line up specific reviews, etc. We'll take care of the details and "make the pitch".

This email in particular was a bit too specific, has some information that we do not agree with, statements we would not make to companies, and comes off sounding a bit like you work for us. :) We'll contact these companies - having members email them is a nice reinforcement. To be honest, at this point we haven't met any non-esoteric companies that won't send us gear to review with the exception of Paradigm.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis