Bi-wired the fronts

L

Le_smithier

Enthusiast
And im well happy with this setup now :) :D , didnt think that adding a couple of brand new cables to the speakers could make a difference, but it sounds mint now.

Dya think i should consider bi-wiring the front centre?, and the rears and rear centre? :confused: , i could see the plus points from doing the front centre, rears....possibly, but the rear centre im not sure wether it would be worth considering.

Cheers

Matt

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
if you have 12 gage wire or better already running to the rears, you'll see very little benefit, unless you have the same rear speakers as you do the fronts (an SACD or DVD-audio oriented set-up)

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Matt;

IF you are already using decent 12AWG cable, don't waste your time biwiring, especially for the rear speakers. You will throw unnecessary money away on cable, make your setup more cluttered, double the capacitance load on the amp, and achieve no real audible benefit. Biwiring is one of those unnecessary tweaks provided you are already using decent cables to begin with. Focus more on speaker placement, proper calibration and room acoustics as you will get more mileage for your money.

L

Le_smithier

Enthusiast
Cheers for the advice guys, ill prob just leave it as it is now after hearing these responses, might start budgeting for a plasma screen or summit, lol

cheers again

matt :D

R

RedneckHunter

Enthusiast
I am also contemplating bi-wiring the 2 fronts (JBL E60's) and the Center (JBL EC35). I am using 16g wire (didn't want to blow $100 on 100' of 14g Monster).

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
RedneckHunter said:
I am also contemplating bi-wiring the 2 fronts (JBL E60's) and the Center (JBL EC35). I am using 16g wire (didn't want to blow $100 on 100' of 14g Monster).
If you are itching, why not just double up on that 16ga ;)
You can use low voltage landscape wire from Home Depot, Lows, or any other inexpensive source :D

R

RedneckHunter

Enthusiast
mtrycrafts said:
If you are itching, why not just double up on that 16ga ;)
You can use low voltage landscape wire from Home Depot, Lows, or any other inexpensive source :D
Yeap, that's what I did. I bough a 100' roll og 16g OFC wire from BB for $20 and bi-wired the 2 E60's. Left the Center (ec35) and surrounds (E30's) alone.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
RedneckHunter said:
Yeap, that's what I did. I bough a 100' roll og 16g OFC wire from BB for $20 and bi-wired the 2 E60's. Left the Center (ec35) and surrounds (E30's) alone.

Well, that was an inexpensive switch :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis