D

Drummerboy

Junior Audioholic
ok, i want gut rumbling chest pounding home theater bass with some good handling of music also... Ive read a TON of threads on subs... so please, simply chime in with your opinion on the best sub for the money (around a grand-ish). The room is 14x14 open on one side to 28x25 room. Im looking for GREAT bass... please help... thnx

annunaki

annunaki

What about stretching the budget just a tad ($1,200.00) and doing two SVS PB-12ISD. You would have multiple subs for flatter in-room response.

D

Drummerboy

Junior Audioholic
i can only get one... ive been looking at the SVS... I like it... Im also wondering about the new HO from HSU... about 799 for that one... the SVS is 1200 plus ship plus tax... hmmmm is it that much more powerful than the HSU i wonder? could be...

S

silversurfer

Senior Audioholic
The VTF-3HO with the "turbo" attachment is looking to be a great performer, especially with using Adire's XBL^2 technology.

Folks that heard it at CES say the sound quality was exceptional. One person on AVS even compared the sound quality to one of his favorite sealed subs, but with the output of ported. Do a search, it should not be hard to find the comments.

If you could, I would wait a bit on a decision until more info on the VTF-3HO/turbo is available, it looks like they just started shipping.

Great bass isn't just loud bass.

KC23

KC23

Audioholic
Axiom EP500

Check the reviews here and else where.

$1,200

D

Drummerboy

Junior Audioholic
first id like to say that ALL these subs suggested here are quality... the 500 is the same price as the new VTF3 HO... 899 with the turbo, so i ordered the HO. Ill be sure to let u guys know if it was the right choice! Apparently Dr. Hsu has been hard at work so we will see...

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Drummerboy said:
first id like to say that ALL these subs suggested here are quality... the 500 is the same price as the new VTF3 HO... 899 with the turbo, so i ordered the HO. Ill be sure to let u guys know if it was the right choice! Apparently Dr. Hsu has been hard at work so we will see...
Jealous... I need a job.

SheepStar

D

Drummerboy

Junior Audioholic
im in ontario sheep, but if your ever heading toward windsor i would gladly let ya stop in :)

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Drummerboy said:
im in ontario sheep, but if your ever heading toward windsor i would gladly let ya stop in :)
Bah, won't see me there any time soon :D

SheepStar

D

Drummerboy

Junior Audioholic
quietly awaiting my HSU VTF HO sub.... tick tick tick....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis