Best Streaming device ?

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I'll probably go Roku Ultra or update my Pi3 for the upstairs TV which is used mostly by my wife. Ease of use will be the primary concern there. Giving serious consideration to the NVidia Shield vs Pi4 primarily as it is one of the best all around devices. I need something that can handle Roon, Plex, Netflix, and stream Youtube and the Shield seems to be the best small form factor device next to building a new HT PC.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I'll probably go Roku Ultra or update my Pi3 for the upstairs TV which is used mostly by my wife. Ease of use will be the primary concern there. Giving serious consideration to the NVidia Shield vs Pi4 primarily as it is one of the best all around devices. I need something that can handle Roon, Plex, Netflix, and stream Youtube and the Shield seems to be the best small form factor device next to building a new HT PC.
Pretty much. The shield is the only thing that fully replaced my need for an HTPC.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
The best streamer is really a moving target. I've been using Roku devices. My Ultra does everything I need but I had to wait several months before HBOMax was available on it. The Apple TV 4k is great but I read about some issues in some apps. I expect those will get fixed if they aren't already. If I were buying my first device, I'd probably go with either Apple TV or Nvidia.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis