Best speaker feet without spikes

K

kambbul

Audiophyte
I have ordered a pair of KEF R11 metas and I don’t want spikes driving through my new carpet and (thick) pad. What are my alternatives? Thanks!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
From the pics (looking at Crutchfield's ad) it looks like it comes with some flat feet as well as the spikes.

K

kambbul

Audiophyte
Yes, They come with little dishes for the spikes. I need to be able to “walk” one away from an audio rack. This can’t be done with spikes.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I have ordered a pair of KEF R11 metas and I don’t want spikes driving through my new carpet and (thick) pad. What are my alternatives? Thanks!
The pad won't matter, but the spikes could mess up the carpet's woven backing. Not really a problem if you leave them in place, but the chance of the tips matching the hole spacing is nil.

The specs show that these are 80.5 lb each- I wouldn't worry about using spikes.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, They come with little dishes for the spikes. I need to be able to “walk” one away from an audio rack. This can’t be done with spikes.
The list does mention the discs but the photo looks like the flat feet I got (along with spikes) with speakers I've got. You could probably just use the outriggers on carpet without feet.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
The outriggers look like they should have some kind of pad, to prevent them being the area resting on the carpet, especially with padding. Assuming the spikes use 1/4"-20 thread, you should be able to find rubber pads at a good hardware store. I just texted my friend who works for KEF and they don't offer rubber pads.

Also, I wouldn't remove the outriggers because that would allow them to tip far too easily. It's also the main reason they come with spikes- the tips penetrate deeper than a flat pad, so they're on the hard surface, rather than on something that's soft.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If the threading on the outriggers is fairly standard you can likely find a variety of feet, too.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis