i want to try this instead
in addition to my setup above
i want to add a very good monoblock to the centre speaker to enhance it greatly
i will be using my marantz as main amp
then i will use the music fidelity m3i and crown 102
for the high and low frequncies then to the marantz
to my dali speakers
will connect my blue node2 to the amplifier

my question is i have enhanced my two front speakers but i want to enhance my centre speakers as
well the dali zenor vokal centre
what do you recommend as a monoblock for the centre
same as youve got
or something else you would recommend
i am using dali instead of the kefs you use to take into consideration
also i want to enhance the audio quality of the sony ux800 4k player
by using a arcam ir dac to enhance the 2 channel music of the sony ux800
can all this all be wired up to the marantz amp

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Back in the day Emotiva was putting out some nice lil monoblock amps UPA-1 they where 200 into 8 ohms had a nice THD as a monoblock should. Check EBay, May still be able to find one. Other than buying new? even entry level monoblock amps can go for a premium price. No not talking about Krell, Pass Lab..ect. sure you don't want to take out a mortgage on your house. Maybe check OutLaw, I think they h ave a nice lil monoblock that won't break your wallet.

Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
I've also used the Emotiva UPA-1 for a center channel speaker. FANTASTIC little monoblock. I couldn't imagine finding a better one for the money. Built like a tank too. It's a darn shame they discontinued it since it was sometimes JUST the right tool for the job. Half the height of its beefy new X-series replacement.

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
Unless your center channel is distorting (a typical symptom of being underpowered), there’s no good reason to get an outboard amp for it. That said, if you can't find one of the Emotivas, your most economic option will probably be to just get a stereo amp and use only one side of it.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

TechHDS

Audioholic General
I've also used the Emotiva UPA-1 for a center channel speaker. FANTASTIC little monoblock. I couldn't imagine finding a better one for the money. Built like a tank too. It's a darn shame they discontinued it since it was sometimes JUST the right tool for the job. Half the height of its beefy new X-series replacement.
Totally agree with you on the UPA-1, had a pair of them lil monsters. Some say they where a rebadge Bob Caver amp, can't say about that analogy, wish I hadn't sold them off.

Last edited:
little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Maybe you could post a pic or two of this gear ..for our edification.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That's why I didn't invest any time in my answer. If someone ELSE sees it, at least they'll have a place to start.

Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
Good luck.

He never replies to his threads. Always "what's the best thing for something I don't own or intend to do" type of thing.
Oh, dang it! Fooled again by the infamous "marcus oakley." I really do need start paying attention who OP is. You're right. Dude NEVER wants to respond. Me thinks he's a bot or marketing firm.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Good luck.

He never replies to his threads. Always "what's the best thing for something I don't own or intend to do" type of thing.
Yeah,. What's gonna "enhance" my sound. Are you kidding me? With the type of gear he lists as his, the only thing that's gonna "enhance" his sound is his ears..

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah,. What's gonna "enhance" my sound. Are you kidding me? With the type of gear he lists as his, the only thing that's gonna "enhance" his sound is his ears..
You think that's a real listing? Never a pic, the gear varies, the questions mostly odd.

ps I've answered plenty of his posts, too, here and elsewhere....just took a while to set in.

Last edited:
M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi

can anybody tell me does the lg owt 150 wall mount work with the lg 65e6v oled tv thanks

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
my question is i have at the moment i have 2 dali ikon 6v2 fronts dali ikon vokal centre
2 dali zensor 7 as rears
2 dali zensor 1 as additional rears
4 dali c1 atmos modules
i also have the crown 1002 amp as well
sony x800 4k player
blue jeans speaker cables belden 5000ue
4 svs pb13 ultra subs
a playstation 4 pro a sky 4k silver box a virginmedia v6 box a high end pc
a wii u
xbox one x scorpio edition
nvidia shield console
marantz 7011 amp
mini dsp 2x4 to connect all 4 subs to the amp
antimode 8033 to balance the subs out for optimum performance
blue sound node 2 streamer
music fidelity m3i integrated amplifier
Formuler Z7+ UHD 4K Android 7 Media Streamer IPTV Receiver with WiFi box
emotiva upa-1 monoblocks for the centre and for the rears and extra rears

I bi-amp my main speakers with the MF and the Crown amps, with the MF on the HF and the Crown on the LF where power demands are higher.
Marantz 7011 to the integrated amp using the left and right pre-outs from the AVR into the HT bypass / AV input of the integrated amp
connect the analog outputs on the streamer, to an analog input on the integrated amp.
this gives me even better superior sound than the 7011 for streaming music
i have a very large audio cd collection

my main question is if i was to change the crown 1002 amp that i have on the lower frequencies of the 2 main front speakers to a nad 375bee do you think this would increase the performance
or would i be better of changing the 2 intergrated amplifiers i have on the high frequencies and low frequencies to a nad 375bee on the high frequencies and a nad 275bee on the low frequencies

also is there a device i can add to boost the 4 subwoofers performance instead of connecting them to the subwoofer outputs of the marantz 7011 then be able to connect the device to the marantz 7011 thanks

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
my question is i have at the moment i have 2 dali ikon 6v2 fronts dali ikon vokal centre
2 dali zensor 7 as rears
2 dali zensor 1 as additional rears
4 dali c1 atmos modules
i also have the crown 1002 amp as well
sony x800 4k player
blue jeans speaker cables belden 5000ue
4 svs pb13 ultra subs
a playstation 4 pro a sky 4k silver box a virginmedia v6 box a high end pc
a wii u
xbox one x scorpio edition
nvidia shield console
marantz 7011 amp
mini dsp 2x4 to connect all 4 subs to the amp
antimode 8033 to balance the subs out for optimum performance
blue sound node 2 streamer
music fidelity m3i integrated amplifier
Formuler Z7+ UHD 4K Android 7 Media Streamer IPTV Receiver with WiFi box
emotiva upa-1 monoblocks for the centre and for the rears and extra rears

I bi-amp my main speakers with the MF and the Crown amps, with the MF on the HF and the Crown on the LF where power demands are higher.
Marantz 7011 to the integrated amp using the left and right pre-outs from the AVR into the HT bypass / AV input of the integrated amp
connect the analog outputs on the streamer, to an analog input on the integrated amp.
this gives me even better superior sound than the 7011 for streaming music
i have a very large audio cd collection

my main question is if i was to change the crown 1002 amp that i have on the lower frequencies of the 2 main front speakers to a nad 375bee do you think this would increase the performance
or would i be better of changing the 2 intergrated amplifiers i have on the high frequencies and low frequencies to a nad 375bee on the high frequencies and a nad 275bee on the low frequencies

also is there a device i can add to boost the 4 subwoofers performance instead of connecting them to the subwoofer outputs of the marantz 7011 then be able to connect the device to the marantz 7011 thanks
Only because the OP is Marcus Oakley, the answer is a resounding "yes". Yes it would.

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

Hi Marcus,

It’s not normal practice to use integrated amplifiers such as the Music Fidelity and NAD 375 as outboard amplifiers. Integrated amps have built-in pre-amps, so it doesn’t make sense to have two pre-amps in the signal chain (the one in the Marantz, then the one in the integrated amp). I would suggest doing away with them in favor or basic amps like the Crown, Emotiva or NAD 275.

In addition, unless you’re using an active crossover, it typically makes little sense to bi-amp using the speakers’ built-in passive crossovers, especially if you’re using solid state amps. It really doesn’t get you any additional power to the speaker than if you simply used a standard stereo amp. If you believe you’re hearing an improvement in audio quality bi-amping, that’s fine. But if you don’t, and you ‘re only doing it because you think it’s getting more power, then it’s getting you nothing that wouldn’t get with a suitable stereo amp.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Hi Marcus,

It’s not normal practice to use integrated amplifiers such as the Music Fidelity and NAD 375 as outboard amplifiers. Integrated amps have built-in pre-amps, so it doesn’t make sense to have two pre-amps in the signal chain (the one in the Marantz, then the one in the integrated amp). I would suggest doing away with them in favor or basic amps like the Crown, Emotiva or NAD 275.

In addition, unless you’re using an active crossover, it typically makes little sense to bi-amp using the speakers’ built-in passive crossovers, especially if you’re using solid state amps. It really doesn’t get you any additional power to the speaker than if you simply used a standard stereo amp. If you believe you’re hearing an improvement in audio quality bi-amping, that’s fine. But if you don’t, and you ‘re only doing it because you think it’s getting more power, then it’s getting you nothing that wouldn’t get with a suitable stereo amp.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
wayne, the OP is Marcus Oakley. Check out his history and his posts.
He only posts "what is the best?" posts. He doesn't respond to his post. I don't think he ever looks at the post again. He doesn't have the equipment he lists. I have no idea why he posts here.

M

marcus oakley

Audioholic
hi
i am after buying a 5 in1out hdmi splitter with the very latest specs

• ★4K ULTRA HD 5 IN1 OUT: This HDMI Switch connects up to 5 UHD HDMI sources on a single display and easily switchs between 5 sources. Support bandwidth 18Gps/600MHZ, HDCP 2.2, 4K 60HZ 4:4:4, FullHD, UHD, CEC, DeepColor to 36bit. with high dynamic range if possible support 120hz at 1080p
  • ★HIGH RESOLUTION: Monitor switch supports up to 4K@60Hz resolution including Full HD 3D, 1080P. Back compatible with V1.4 and V1.3 . HDMI passthrough switch supports HDCP 2.2 as well as HDCP 1.4
AUTO-SWITCHING With REMOTE :This HDMI Switch has a pre-programmed automatic switch program.It jump over to the next active input source automatically when the current one is powered off. The HDMI Switcher automatically switches to the last selected source input when restart.You can press the "switch" button on this product for 5 seconds to turn off the automatic switch function! Select and view the desired HDMI source device just by a switch of the remote or push the front-panel push button.
WIDE COMPATIBILITY: FiveHome hdmi switch works with all HDMI-integrated devices,such as PCs, laptops, fire stick,gaming consoles (XBox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4), projectors, TV receivers, TVs (including smart TVs), VR and others. Supports all common audio formats. Dolby Atmos, DTS: X, LPCM 7.1, DTHD, DD +, Dolby True HD, etc. Several devices can be connected in series (cascadable)

i need the switcher to support a sky q box virgin v6box buzz tv xls 3000 box ps4 pro xbox one x scorpion edition xbox a pc sony ux 800 4k player nvidia shield console wii u a 65e6v oled tv thanks

which hdmi splitter is the question

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis