Best HDMI switcher?

K

Keith1964

Audioholic Intern
I need to add more HDMI inputs to my bedroom TV, and what is the best performing HDMI switcher out there that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
You will want to check Amazon and read their reviews. There are cheap ones out there, but in reality, it's not something that I've seen actual professional reviews for. Except for those that do cost an arm and a leg.

The simple reality is that most people that need HDMI connectivity do so through an A/V receiver.

Using just a TV with a couple of HDMI inputs and wanting more, you have to hit up Amazon.

Be VERY aware that if your sources are HDMI 2.0 devices which require an 18Gb/s pipeline, you will pay more to get those switchers.

So, while something like this is well reviewed, and likely does a solid job, it is only capable of 1080p or 4K/30 (non-HDR) content. It is rated at 10Gb/s, not 18Gb/s.

But, the price is great.

Something like this also has a great price point and decent reviews. The price is in line with the previous product, but I have no idea how well it will really perform with 18Gb/s HDMI content...

Look around, read the reviews, make sure it meets your needs, and with Amazon, at least you have a great return policy.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis