Best Ear Bud Headphones?

H

Hemlock

Junior Audioholic
not sure if this belongs here, or if there are any good earbud headphones, there are certainly plenty of crappy ones, the ones that cames with my 2 gig nano were the best I'd ever heard, of course 2 weeks in the left earbud died.

anyway, it's worth a shot.

Geno

Geno

Senior Audioholic
The Etymotic and Sure buds in the $100 range are considered very good. If you're really neurotic and have lots of money to spend, you can pay a lot more for the pricier models, but I've had the Ety ER-6's for a couple of years and think they sound just great. One thing to consider when considering these 'buds is that to get a good seal, which means good isolation from outside noise, you have to take the time to insert them tightly into your ears. Some people don't like the feeling, but the sound quality, especially the bass, is worth it. Those $20 models that are popular with the MP3 crowd aren't in the same league.

H

Hemlock

Junior Audioholic
awesome, this is EXACTLY what I had hoped for.

thanks a ton

If I'm not mistaken, Etymotic OEMs the Shures. I have three different Etymotics and they are absolutely fantastic - you just need to seat them correctly in your ear.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
jlcct said:
Slightly risky.

Ever played Russian Roulette?
I really only use them on long highway runs... Im not to eager to run with them in local traffic, with all the idiot drivers out there..

Wid

Wid

Audioholic
I have a set of Altec Lansing im716 that is, imo, fantastic sounding. The Ultimite Ear SuperFi 3s are also quite good sounding for the money but the 716s are superior to me.

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
Hemlock said:
the ones that cames with my 2 gig nano were the best I'd ever heard, of course 2 weeks in the left earbud died.

anyway, it's worth a shot.
Take them back to an apple store...they're still under warranty.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis