best cans for movie streaming

johnny45

johnny45

Audioholic
hey guys i need so advice on which would be the better pick for the dough to get either 1 or 2 cans at a time an i do want two

for my budget of (600$ including tax&shipping) to get either the
HiFiMan Edition XS ,Monoprice M1070C or the Shure SRH1440 Professional Open Back with balanced cables (cables are a separate buy).

this will be for listening to movies at night when others are asleep
DUNE PT 1 & BLADERUNNER 2049 an so on , so audio clarity is a much
the plan would be to pair my two schiit magnius an two bluetooth receivers for

my NVIDIA shield unless i need to have an external transmitter connected to the shield.
the schiit magnius's would be placed on either side of my sofa with a headphone stand

im not adverse to going completely wireless an id like if i did to get as close in quality an matching performance
to the brand picks above as i can so i was thinking of either a pair of Shure Aonic 50 or a pair of Jabra Elite 85h for connecting to my NVIDIA shield

long battery life is also a must my max budget is for a set of Bluetooth is also a max (600$ including tax&shipping)
so either wireless or wired a flatish sound profile an the ability to upgrade the

ear-pads for both (wired & wireless)
an cables (for the wired) is preferred so any suggestions in both categorizes would be great.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I'm not much of a wired headphone person, but I am interested in knowing how you plan to get stereo audio from the sources to the Magnius? This is the never ending headache of HDMI and single format audio that it delivers. You can't get both stereo and surround sound from a HDMI source at the same time.
Do you have a separate DSP for this functionality, or something else in mind?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis