Best Buy's Free Blu-ray Player Promo

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Shop at Best Buy - their prices are... IN-SA-A-A-A-A-ANE!! Fans of the late great Crazy Eddie may think something is afoot as Best Buy unleashes free Blu-ray players on the public... sort of. Best Buy on Sun. began offering a free Blu-ray player with the purchase of an HDMI cable and 10 select Blu-ray disc titles. Beginning December 14, customers who purchase an HDMI cable $79.99 and up and any 10 of 50 select Blu-ray disc titles will receive an Insignia stand-alone Blu-ray player at no cost.

Discuss "Best Buy's Free Blu-ray Player Promo" here. Read the article.

Cpt.America

Cpt.America

Full Audioholic
Let me guess.. a "Monster" $79.99 HDMI cable? uhg...

A

allargon

Audioholic General
Best Buy catalog titles are $24.95 (unlike Fry's and Amazon).

10x$25=$250 + $80 for a $5 cable=$330.

Now...the same movies can be scrounged on E-bay, etc. for about $15 with shipping.

10x$15=$150+$5 HDMI cable=$155

Difference = 330-155=$175

Can you find an Insignia (assuming this is the profile 1.1 model not the 2.0) for $175?

FTR, the movie choices aren't bad! Some of the transfers suck, but we're not talking Good Luck Chuck freebies. (Okay, The Marine and 10k BC suck, but there are other choices like Unforgiven, Wall-E, Harry Potter, etc.)

===========
Disclaimer: I left out sales tax because that varies too much by municipality.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I got that Insignia for $299 with a $100 gift card, so essentially $199. They are trying make it look like they are giving you something when they really aren't.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Can you return all the stuff after you get the player?

D

drdawg

Junior Audioholic
A very bad deal! Go to monoprice for hdmi cables! And how good really is that insignia blu ray?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I wrote a review of it, it isn't a bad player at all. This deal has been over for a long time though.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis