Best budget over ear open-back headphones for less than $150

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Nice. I like the 599s, but I wonder if I should have pulled the trigger on some 600 series, but they cost much more than I paid for the 599s. Anyway, I probably listen to headphones less than 5% of the time so I'm ok with it. Glad you like the 600s.
I also own an HD558, and they sound very similar to 600. I assume 599 is nearly identical. With a significant price difference, you probably made the right call.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Nice. I like the 599s, but I wonder if I should have pulled the trigger on some 600 series, but they cost much more than I paid for the 599s. Anyway, I probably listen to headphones less than 5% of the time so I'm ok with it. Glad you like the 600s.
HD600 are definitely a better headphone than HD599, but I can't say they are twice the better. At least here the HD600 costs twice as much. HD600 has better staging, imaging and slightly more neutral tone to them. HD599 are great headphones for their price, so it pretty much comes to how much you are willing pay for the headphones.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I have the Sennheiser HD 569 and they are pretty good ... but I am also going to test the AKG K371 as they look real interesting to me ... will see how it goes, the Senn I like but can tend to sound a little bright to me, and the curl up and twisting cable is annoying, but I have ordered a replacement cable ... the headphone world seems to be an interesting world

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
HD600 are definitely a better headphone than HD599, but I can't say they are twice the better. At least here the HD600 costs twice as much. HD600 has better staging, imaging and slightly more neutral tone to them. HD599 are great headphones for their price, so it pretty much comes to how much you are willing pay for the headphones.
Thanks, considering that I paid $79 for them on Amazon Prime day. I'm very happy with them. They are a good contrasting headphone to my Grado 60s.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
I have the Sennheiser HD 569 and they are pretty good ... but I am also going to test the AKG K371 as they look real interesting to me ... will see how it goes, the Senn I like but can tend to sound a little bright to me, and the curl up and twisting cable is annoying, but I have ordered a replacement cable ... the headphone world seems to be an interesting world
"but I am also going to test the AKG K371 as they look real interesting to me"

You'll love them. Good sound for the money.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
"but I am also going to test the AKG K371 as they look real interesting to me"

You'll love them. Good sound for the money.
You are right ... In about 30 seconds of listening I knew that the K371 are really good ... they are overall more neutral to me ... and I am hearing better separation of voices and instruments ... but the Sennheiser 569 are still good for what they do and for now will be the back-up, and I replaced the crazy weird scrambled up crazy cord that they came with.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis