Best Blu-Ray Players for Dolby Atmos/Vision & HDR playback

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
Here you'll find the best Blu-Ray players | Media players available, which can do Dolby Atmos, Dolby Vision, DTS-HD MA & HDR playback. Most of the devices in the list should also be able to do 4K streaming on Netflix, Amazon Prime.

Best Blu-Ray Players (Click here)

Feel free to share your thoughts below.

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
Sony the one and only brand which also supports stereo and 5.1 SACD.

E

EJC

Enthusiast
Hi guys, I currently own the previous Panasonic flagship DMP900 and looking to purchase the UB820. Would this be a downgrade or on par as it has a few more feature upgrades. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
Hi guys, I currently own the previous Panasonic flagship DMP900 and looking to purchase the UB820. Would this be a downgrade or on par as it has a few more feature upgrades. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

If you care about Dolby Vision and HDR10 support, your current model which is DMP-UB900 doesn't support them.
However, the UB820 supports both (Dolby Vision, HDR10).

E

EJC

Enthusiast
Not too concerned about Dolby Vision (as I have a Samsung Q60T QLED) and HDR10+ (not many 4K Blu-Ray discs utilize the format)… looking at it from more of a quality player point of view… does the HDR optimizer function warrant getting the UP820? Is the sound quality that much better etc.

E

EJC

Enthusiast
Apologies for hijacking your thread

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan

I don't think it would be a noticeable reduction in performance with the UB820. But, I suggest that you also look at the Sony UBP-X800M2 which provides similar features and only sells for about $300.
I own the previous UBP-X800 model and I like it. It performs just as well as my OPPOs and it also plays multi-channel SACDs, while the Panasonics don't..

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
I don't think it would be a noticeable reduction in performance with the UB820. But, I suggest that you also look at the Sony UBP-X800M2 which provides similar features and only sells for about $300.
I own the previous UBP-X800 model and I like it. It performs just as well as my OPPOs and it also plays multi-channel SACDs, while the Panasonics don't..
Great info !!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis