Best bang for Buck, 11 Channel AVR

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
But with this I have to add extra amp to get extra channels??
The RX-A3080 offers 9 channels internally but has 11 pre-outs. The reason you want this is your fronts will usually be on an external amp. If you have a quality pair of Stereo speakers and an external amp you prefer this setup lets you run the Fronts on the external amp while using the internal amps for the rest of the speakers.

In my case, I will run 300W on the Fronts. The nice thing about the Yamaha is it's built to run all of these amps without running hot.

If you don't have an external amp there are plenty available like the Outlaw 2220 or the Monolith. If you go with the Outlaw 2220 you would need two as they are mono blocks.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
The RX-A3080 offers 9 channels internally but has 11 pre-outs. The reason you want this is your fronts will usually be on an external amp. If you have a quality pair of Stereo speakers and an external amp you prefer this setup lets you run the Fronts on the external amp while using the internal amps for the rest of the speakers.

In my case, I will run 300W on the Fronts. The nice thing about the Yamaha is it's built to run all of these amps without running hot.

If you don't have an external amp there are plenty available like the Outlaw 2220 or the Monolith. If you go with the Outlaw 2220 you would need two as they are mono blocks.
And this option is $1100 more then post #11.

And $1500 more if you go with the Monoprice amp

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
I'm not recommending Denon after personally experiencing Denon warranty service. The RX-A3080 is a huge step up over the 3600. Look at the DAC, XLR connectors, significantly more power and features.

People looking for an 11 channel system usually want a quality product with a warranty they can count on. If warranty doesn't matter and you're OK trashing the unit when it breaks (whether in 9 months or a few years) then Denon is certainly an option.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I'm not recommending Denon after personally experiencing Denon warranty service. The RX-A3080 is a huge step up over the 3600. Look at the DAC, XLR connectors, significantly more power and features.

People looking for an 11 channel system usually want a quality product with a warranty they can count on. If warranty doesn't matter and you're OK trashing the unit when it breaks (whether in 9 months or a few years) then Denon is certainly an option.
That funny because you were recommending the Denon 3600 over and over and over again all the sudden it's not available and you're jumping on the Yamaha Fanboy bandwagon

And just because you had bad luck with one unit doesn't mean you're trashed the whole line. I've been running a Denon and it's been running for over 15 years without problem. Without heat, without getting hot, and I run it everyday. So just because you had a problem doesn't mean the whole series the whole line is terrible. You know that's why car dealerships have service departments. No matter how good a Honda or Toyota or any of the other lines are they all break. Doesn't mean all of them suck your constant thrashing of one specific audio line is ridiculous especially when you flip flop

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
That funny because you were recommending the Denon 3600 over and over and over again all the sudden it's not available and you're jumping on the Yamaha Fanboy bandwagon

And just because you had bad luck with one unit doesn't mean you're trashed the whole line. I've been running a Denon and it's been running for over 15 years without problem. Without heat, without getting hot, and I run it everyday. So just because you had a problem doesn't mean the whole series the whole line is terrible. You know that's why car dealerships have service departments. No matter how good a Honda or Toyota or any of the other lines are they all break. Doesn't mean all of them suck your constant thrashing of one specific audio line is ridiculous especially when you flip flop
Maybe the 15 year old Denon was a different product? If you pick up a 3600, 3700, 4500, 4700, 6500, 6700 I guarantee you they all run HOT.

Glad you are happy with yours. My 4500 ran hot from day one. It lasted 9 months before the Height speakers burned out. I sent it in to Panurgy as requested by Denon who kept it for 2 months, scratched the case in front and top, and sent it back with parts rattling inside. I asked for a replacement. It was denied. They have it again... who knows how long they keep it this time. Soon it will spend more time in the Denon shop than in my house.

Maybe someday warranty service will be important at Denon again? According to other users this is not an isolated case.

Go buy yourself a 3600 and send it into Panurgy for Warranty service. You can see for yourself what you get back. :D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Maybe the 15 year old Denon was a different product? If you pick up a 3600, 3700, 4500, 4700, 6500, 6700 I guarantee you they all run HOT.

Glad you are happy with yours. My 4500 ran hot from day one. It lasted 9 months before the Height speakers burned out. I sent it in to Panurgy as requested by Denon who kept it for 2 months, scratched the case in front and top, and sent it back with parts rattling inside. I asked for a replacement. It was denied. They have it again... who knows how long they keep it this time. Soon it will spend more time in the Denon shop than in my house.

Maybe someday warranty service will be important at Denon again? According to other users this is not an isolated case.

Go buy yourself a 3600 and send it into Panurgy for Warranty service. You can see for yourself what you get back. :D
You've owned each of these Denons already? Wow. We know Denon hurt you, tho, over and over :) Hell hath no fury like an unhappy american consumer.....

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I'm really sorry you had a bad experience but you keep repeating the same ONE bad experience over and over and over.

Like I stated before "Sour Grapes"

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
I'm really sorry you had a bad experience but you keep repeating the same ONE bad experience over and over and over.

Like I stated before "Sour Grapes"
One bad experience might be you sent the Denon receiver in for repair and two months passed before you received the unit back....

But when you finally get it back and your brand new looking receiver is scratched, chipped and screws are rattling inside and Denon won't make it right with a replacement AND instead makes you wait again... that's way pass reasonable warranty service.

I understand you haven't gone thru this yet, and don't really care as you recommend Denon to others even though several report issues with Panurgy. But sometime you may require service if you stay with Denon. Wouldn't you rather these issue were fixed before its your turn?

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Bro I've had Marantz, I've had Onkyo, I've had Denon. No I've never had a Yamaha and luckily enough I've never had a problem with any receiver. And out of all the Denon's new and refurbished that I've ever recommended I've never had a member come back and say you Fu_k'd me you Bastard. Maybe I'm just lucky, but then again I've never hit the lottery I'm stuck here with the rest of you Schlep Rocks

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
One bad experience might be you sent the Denon receiver in for repair and two months passed before you received the unit back....

But when you finally get it back and your brand new looking receiver is scratched, chipped and screws are rattling inside and Denon won't make it right with a replacement AND instead makes you wait again... that's way pass reasonable warranty service.

I understand you haven't gone thru this yet, and don't really care as you recommend Denon to others even though several report issues with Panurgy. But sometime you may require service if you stay with Denon. Wouldn't you rather these issue were fixed before its your turn?
You’re in Demon-hell, I mean Denon-hell - until another poor soul gets screwed by Demon, I mean Denon. :eek: :D

You see, I was exactly where you are right now....Until YOU came along. :D

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
You’re in Demon-hell, I mean Denon-hell - until another poor soul gets screwed by Demon, I mean Denon. :eek: :D

You see, I was exactly where you are right now....Until YOU came along. :D
Hey I remember this movie. Iirc it’s called It Follows. Andrew, you have been released!!!

fast fred

fast fred

Full Audioholic
Guys, firstly I really appreciate the help here,;)

So you definitely have me convinced on separates - so with my system - 7.1.4 and SVS Ultras & Prime Pinnacle Towers, whats the best AVR & Amp combo for All 4K, Atmos, HDR, etc? (Latest & Greatest Processor)

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Guys, firstly I really appreciate the help here,;)

So you definitely have me convinced on separates - so with my system - 7.1.4 and SVS Ultras & Prime Pinnacle Towers, whats the best AVR & Amp combo for All 4K, Atmos, HDR, etc? (Latest & Greatest Processor)
Here it's $100 less then the last time it was recommended on Nov 20th.

Maybe if you wait more it will go down another $100. Or it will be sold out altogether

fast fred

fast fred

Full Audioholic
So I would need 2-3 of those separates to run the fronts?

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Bundles

fast fred

fast fred

Full Audioholic
Sorry Guys - this looks enticing - Outlaw Model 5000 x 5-Channel Power Amplifier - 5 channels for same price as Marantz 7025 with only 2 channels

MAzersteven, I don't think I want more than (2) total units running in my system so with this Outlaw what would be a good pairing for a Receiver?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis