Berlin Philharmonic Digital Concert Hall Free to All During Coronavirus Shutdown!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That's really cool Mark. I'm gonna make a point to catch that.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
The Philharmonie Berlin is closed for the duration.

The BPO have generously made their concert archive available to all while the Philharmonie is closed.

For those confined to home this is an absolute treasure trove. Hats off the the Berlin Philharmonic!
Thank's Mark! I hope all is well with you and yours as you deal with your challenges right now... on top of what we are all dealing with! Cheers! Hope we get to chat again soon. :)

Audiosaur

Audiosaur

Audioholic
My wife and I are watching Kirill Petrenko conduct the Phil on Tchaikovsky's 6th as we lie in bed. What a treat!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
The free concerts and films are limited to 79. That's a tiny portion of all the BPO archive.
I wonder if that is for Canada. Here it clearly says the whole archive is open to all for free.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
The free concerts and films are limited to 79. That's a tiny portion of all the BPO archive.
The full archive is now watchable in Canada. There are numerous free good concerts which I recommend.

For organ lovers, Cameron Carpenter, an American genius and composer, gives a very good performance at the Philharmonie Berlin. It's really worth watching. To tell you frankly, I had goose bumps and had tears when watching his concert last night. Also, I had never heard the Berlin audience make so much noise as proof of its enjoyment at the end of a performance.
I don't have large hands, but I'm not joking, his fingers are at least 50% longer than mines. Nature gave him the fingers to become a great keyboard virtuoso. As a matter of fact, he can play with his hands 3 keyboards simultaneously!

Last edited:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
The list of free offerings has expanded.

The Vienna State Opera has opened up its catalog free for the duration of this world crisis. There looks to be some very good offerings.

The Metropolitan Opera has opened up its catalog and is streaming an opera a might. This week is Wagner week.

Our own St Paul Chamber Orchestra has opened up its recordings also. I am a great fan of the SPCO. I would particularly recommend a really stunning performance of the Beethoven Triple Concerto.

Also the performance of Handel's Messiah under Jeannette Sorrel is an absolutely 'pants on fire performance.'

Enjoy!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis