Berlin Boombox Preview

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
I think the regular readers of Audioholics know that I'm mostly pretty fair when I write these preview articles. I try to present the good with the bad in a way that informs rather than incites. But, this time, I can hold my tongue no longer. Sometimes Kickstarter uncovers some truly original products. Products that are too niche to be considered by major producers but cool enough that there are enthusiasts who would gladly put out money for them. This is not one of those times. The Berlin Boombox is a DIY cardboard boombox that connects to your device by 3.5mm. Yes cardboard. Yes, you put it together yourself. And yes, it does cost $80.

Discuss "Berlin Boombox Preview" here. Read the article.

hifiman

hifiman

Audioholic
Well, it's not often that we see someone throw out the word retarded these days. Good luck with that.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Well, it's not often that we see someone throw out the word retarded these days. Good luck with that.
Not sure where you are reading that or what you mean :confused:

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Not sure where you are reading that or what you mean :confused:
In the conclusion:

We have three "ratings" on our previews - Gotta Have It, Pretty Cool, and Mildly Interesting. The Audioholics website forces me to rate the Berlin Boombox. So when you read "Mildly Interesting" know I mean "Sofa King We Todd Did".

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
In the conclusion:
Oh geez, give me a break. So not only can someone not use that word, but they can't use a misspelled version of it to refer NOT to a person but to our very own rating system or a product in question? If anything I should be offended since Tom is calling out Audioholics, not a person. Or he was referring to the marketing decision to make such a product as "lacking in intelligence" or the product itself as "physically underdeveloped". But I won't lose any sleep over it.

Last edited:
L

logpogp

Audiophyte
have you really got this, i think it is more like an art

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis