Beolab 5 Stoped making Spare parts

B

bloodrom

Audiophyte
Hi everybody!
This is my first post so please excuse if this is duplicated on the forum.

I recently bought a pair of Beolab 5 (eBay no returns) and one of them came with a bad tweeter and midrange so I call B&O to get the parts and told me that they don't have the tweeter any more (maybe an authorized repair shop has still has it) The point is that the last version of those Beolab 5 was sold on 2017 as the las edition if I'm correct so how can be possible for them to stop producing parts !!! Well I write because I would like to ask you if you know what company made those drives? so I can buy something alike that works well.

Thank you!

(English is not my firs language as you can read :p )

Rod

Attachments

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
According to B&0 replacements have to have a their model number so the data for the driver, that was individually measured, has to be transferred into the dsp. If the manufacturer is refusing help, I'd contact some of the service centers and check ebay.

Her is the link to the service manual, which is one of the better ones I've seen written.

Vintageshifi › pdf › telechargePDF
Bang-Olufsen-Beolab_5-Service-Manual - HIFI vintage

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Bang&Olafson seems to be in some financial trouble and have been seeking a buyer for awhile. This may be evidence of the extent of their problems. I do hope they pull through, they have done some really cool things and have largely been an innovative speaker manufacturer.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I do not recognize either of those units. I suspect they may have been custom jobs from one of the Scandinavian manufacturers, like SEAS, Vifa, etc. You might want to contact them. It is a long shot. The problem is we know nothing about the specs and T/S parameters of those units.

Unfortunately trying to retrofit different units is almost always a lost cause.

If the exact units can not be obtained then unfortunately you have a useless pair of speakers.

Did the seller disclose that those two units were not working? If not contact eBay to get your money back from the seller.

Lastly, those are active speakers. How do you know the problem is not with the electronics? It is far more likely that the problem lies with the active amps or crossovers than the drivers. This is a complex device and you will have to find a qualified service center. This is not something you will fix.

Unlike Shady, I have never held B & O in high regard. In my view they have produced weird 'avant garde" gear that despite the hype does not sound very good.

Last edited:
Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Did the seller disclose that those two units were not working? If not contact eBay to get your money back from the seller.
This, so much. Even if an auction states "no returns," if the item is not as described eBay will allow you to return it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis