A good sub for under $700.00 Canadian?

B

Ben4477

Audiophyte
I have a Pioneer VSX-530 receiver and just added Elac UC5 Center ,Klipsch r-41M sides, Klipsch R-14M surround ,What would be a good sub for this. Under $700.00 Canadian

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not sure what's available up there particularly in that range but probably an SVS SB-1000 or PB-1000 can be had for that much. If I had to get a Klipsch sub perhaps the R-112SW or R-115SW (and they've just renamed those and don't remember the model number they changed to). What are your room details?

B

Ben4477

Audiophyte
I have a split entry house with open concept but the living room ares is small and the center speaker is only 8 feet away and sides 9 feet away and surround 5 feet away

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I have a split entry house with open concept but the living room ares is small and the center speaker is only 8 feet away and sides 9 feet away and surround 5 feet away
I asked more for the sub, but speaker distance to seat helps understand at least that part. Subs work with the entire volume of the room (and if not a sealed-off room, then adjacent spaces as well) to a great extent. Try this article for a bit more along those lines https://www.audioholics.com/loudspeaker-design/subwoofer-room-size

B

Ben4477

Audiophyte
the SVS 1000 sell for $675.00 plus tax canadian the Bic America F 1200 sell for $ 319.00 plus tax The Klipsch R-100 SW sell for $ 399.00 plus tax Canadian

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
The SVS PB-1000 would be the one to get. I suggest that you purchase the ported model. It is not much bigger than the sealed one, but it will output a more solid bass and you wouldn't need to have extra amp power to EQ it.
Later on, in order to obtain a more balanced low frequency response within your listening room, you could get a second one.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis