D

Don Harris

Audioholic Intern
Anyone try the new cables from Belkin Pure AV I think they are called?

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Well, they seem alright. I've never used them, and I'm a little dismayed that they've fallen into using snake oil on their website (cables causing distortion, silver solder for better neutrality, etc). It also makes me angry that they don't even specify the guage of their speaker cables. I know why it isn't as important for line-level interconnects, but for speaker cables, you really need to know. However, judging from the descriptions, I'd say what they're selling isn't special at all. I would still recommend going Blue Jeans or Imact Acoustics. They sell all high-quality stuff, without the BS and the jacked up price.

Any company that will only list so-called "features" on their products automatically makes me suspicious. They should at least be specifying:

• What percentage of coverage their shielding is on their interconnects
  • Guage of speaker cables

Belkin lists neither of these, so I wonder.

H

Hind

Audiophyte
I ordered the following in 12ft and 6ft. I'll let you know how they are.

12 ft Dual-Link DVI CAble for ~$35:
The PureAV™ DVI Dual-Link Cable from Belkin® delivers the high performance and bandwidth needed true HDTV resolution using dual-link construction. DVI Dual Link transfers data in pure digital form, and reduces cross talk with impedance-matched, twisted-pair construction. It creates virtually precise contact and enhanced durability with corrosion-resistant, 24k gold connectors and ground indents. The triple-layer shielding provides good isolation from electromagnetic and radio frequency interference. The molded-strain relief mechanism prevents wire damage and ensures high reliability. This 12-foot, 24-pin cable is an ideal option for use with your HDTV / digital satellite receiver, plasma TV, LCD TV or monitor, progressive-scan DVD player and digital projector.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis