Belkin PureAV Blue Series Cables

A

akshatp

Audiophyte
I just bought a new home theatre setup as follows:

Sony LCD 55" WEGA KDF-55WF655
Sony DVD Dream System DAV-FR10W
Sony DVD/VCR Combo SLV-D500P

I am considering using the Belkin PureAV blue series cables as opposed to the silver series or Monster brand of cables. The marketing seems to make me want to go with Monster, but it is too expensive. Do any of you experts have any opinions on this? Should i shell out the extra $$$ for monster?

I am also going with the Belkin AP11000-10 Home Theatre Power Conditioner as opposed to the Monster Powerbar 1100. I can get the Belkin for around $100 and it seems very comparable in features. Although I am no expert.
Belkin PureAV Power Conditioner

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Or, you could just go with something from Blue Jeans Cable and be done with it. If you CAN get Belkin for less than Blue Jeans, then sure, why not. Monster is not worth the extra cash.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
akshatp said:
I just bought a new home theatre setup as follows:

Sony LCD 55" WEGA KDF-55WF655
Sony DVD Dream System DAV-FR10W
Sony DVD/VCR Combo SLV-D500P

I am considering using the Belkin PureAV blue series cables as opposed to the silver series or Monster brand of cables. The marketing seems to make me want to go with Monster, but it is too expensive. Do any of you experts have any opinions on this? Should i shell out the extra $$$ for monster?

I am also going with the Belkin AP11000-10 Home Theatre Power Conditioner as opposed to the Monster Powerbar 1100. I can get the Belkin for around $100 and it seems very comparable in features. Although I am no expert.
Belkin PureAV Power Conditioner
Good thing you came to this site for help. Don't go by advertising fluff, hype, bs and voodoo. After all, these marketeers want to sell you their cables, period. The truth will never get in their way.

Monster is very expensive indeed. Not sure about that $100 Belkin. Is that for one of their cables, or all your cable needs?

You can also get your cables elsewhere, such as Home Depot for speaker cables, 12ga to 16ga, video cables may be there too and interconnects as well, or WalMart, Target, partsexpress.com and such.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis