Behringer MINIFBQ FBQ800. Looking for opinions and reviews.

J

JMJVK

Audioholic
I just ordered a MINIFBQ FBQ800, by Behringer.

It will be filling a need for multiple headset amplification for late night listening of movies and music. This unit allows 2 sources to be amplified, selectable individually for each of the four channels, which is why I preferred it to it's more humble cousin, the HA400 MicroAmp.

I'm not expecting too much out of it, but I'm still curious to know if anyone here has tried or owns it, and how good/bad it is. Behringer seems to make half-decent products, so I ordered it. ( Well, it's my current perception, could be dead wrong for all I know... )

I've never used any of the brand's gear, so I'm somewhat in the dark... Is it a good purchase ? Any reasons or known issues to suggest I should cancel it ?

Last edited:
J

JMJVK

Audioholic
Well, I've now had this unit in my living room for while. It works as advertised. No audiophile's dream, but fairly decent.

It has 2 sources with independent level and balance controls, and four headset outputs each with a source toggle switch and volume control. Perfect for a quiet environment like Condos and urban apartments with "cardboard walls". Lets me and a couple of pals enjoy a movie while this lady of the house listens to her music...

I give it a 4 stars.

- Losing a ½ star for being a ¼" TS/TRS-only device. (¼" TS or ¼" TRS to RCA converters in the box would have been a nice touch. (Normal, it was designed for musicians, but still, I think Behringer lacked imagination about this things's potential for daily living room use...).

- Losing another ½ star for sound. It's not muddy, but not very well defined either, and bass is not quite as tight as I would have wished for. It's much better than "stricly utilitarian", but not the best out there, I'm certain.

I'm connected to both my receivers using these cables.
Given this headset amp's price point, It's doing a fair job, and I recommend it to anyone needing more than one headset connected to one or more sources at once.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis