"Beginner" Crestron System

E

Elshush

Audiophyte
I love music (all sorts, from classical to world music) and I enjoy watching foreign films and NBA basketball in HD. I’ve just finished the first phase of a major remodeling and, due to budget constraints, I’m looking for a "beginner" Crestron system that's upgradeable and expandable. I prefer using as much digital and Ethernet interconnect as possible to do the following:
(1) BASEMENT: Control a home theater and SACD/DVD-Audio music at 7.1 surround using Crestron’s MT1000 hand-held remote or similar.
(2) FAMILY ROOM: Control a second home theater and SACD/DVD-Audio music at 5.1 using Crestron's MT1000 hand-held remote or similar.
(3) KITCHEN, STUDY & SITTING ROOMS: Use Niles in-wall control panels to control 3 zones to listen to stereo music from CDs, SACD, and DVD-Audio.
(4) FUTURE: I would like to later add 2 HDTV and 4 stereo zones with 2 sub-zones.
(5) DISTANT FUTURE: Add "cool" features; integrate with Lutron RadioRA, HVAC, ADT security, and wireless web cameras.

I have CAT6 for data, CAT5 for control, component video, and speaker wires in all rooms running to a central location in the basement. I have Triad in-ceiling speakers. I paid for an Aquos 45" LCD TV and this week plan on buying the Denon 5805 receiver, a DVD-Audio player, and the Sony 777 ES DVD/SACD player, and will buy B&W speakers and B&W PV1 sub for the basement. Later, I will buy a projector/screen or large plasma for the basement.

BUDGET? Well, remodeling sucked up all my bucks, but I have stashed some away from the contractor, not a lot but should suffice for a “beginner” system. Oh, I have no need to impress neighbors, family, or friends nor do I believe in paying for exotic equipment or “improvements” I cannot hear or see. Maybe I’m going deaf, but I honestly could not hear the difference produced by equipment beyond B&W speakers and Sony ES series, and I did try all the high-end brands. I'm not doubting others, just being honest about my experience: I guess I hit a perception wall too soon!!!

Taj

P.S. Don't lecture me please; I know I mis-budgeted when I left the fun part "for later". Boy, do I regret it now!!!!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis