Bedroom system now completed.. 2.1 system only..

3db

3db

Audioholic Overlord
Update to the room. I've been a very busy boy lately with a laptop in my back pocket and a new UMIK1 microphone. The sub used to be located here..
bedroom-10.JPG

I went location hunting to find a better spot for my little 10" sub using REW. I tired a couple of spots and wondered if the sub would sound better in the opposite corner behind the lazy-boy as shown here.
bedroom-11.JPG

I ran the measurements for each location and this what I found.
The red plot is where I had the sub before using REW to relocate the sub. The green plot shows the response with the sub at the new location.
Difference between old and new sub location.jpg

3db

3db

Audioholic Overlord
I did some more tweaking on the bedroom and moved the sub to here.
Bedroom-18.jpg

The sub is firing towards the right. It used to be pushed into the corner (left of the curtain and firing towards the curtain. It smoothed out the bass response a little more. This room was sooo much easier to set up then the basement.
Bedroom Response Xover@120Hz.jpg

Last edited:
Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
I did some more tweaking on the bedroom and moved the sub to here.
View attachment 45643

The sub is firing towards the right. It used to be pushed into the corner (left of the curtain and firing towards the curtain. It smoothed out the bass response a little more. This room was sooo much easier to set up then the basement.
View attachment 45644
If the frequency graphs are accurate, and I don't see why they wouldn't be, it's pretty smooth indeed.

Enjoy!

3db

3db

Audioholic Overlord
Three weeks ago, I under took a monumental effort (monumental for a 60 yr old guy now living alone) to finish painting the up house interior which was the stair well, and the top floor. I painted the basement and main floor last year. I saved painting the master bedroom for the last as it required me to dissconnect all my speakers and remove them from the wall, disconnect the TV and take it off the mount. I even removed the TV mount its self. Here's the finished picture of the master bedroom looking at the display point of view. A before shot and after shot.

The before shot
Bedroom-3.jpg bedroom-6.jpg

Now the after shot

IMG_6019.jpg

3db

3db

Audioholic Overlord
Job well done, wanna come over and paint my house ! :p
Thank you. A few of my friends asked me paint their's as well so I must be ok at it. I hate stairwells as Im not really equipped. I cheat and use a edge trimmer with the square pad and the two wheels that run along the ceiling. Everything else is cut by hand without tape.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis