BB Trade-In of my 360

mikeyj92

mikeyj92

Full Audioholic
So I have decided to just trade in my 360 in the new Best Buy Trade-In program...

For my elite, I will get a $149.80 gift card. Considering I'm tired of the freezes and the game I was really looking forward too, MLB 2K8, is unplayable on the 360 (horrible framerate issues, step backwards on graphics from last year, freezes in more than half of the franchise games) and it is the only baseball game on the 360, I've decided to do this trade in and then get me a PS3. My wife really wants a BD player and I want a good baseball game (MLB 08: The Show).

I should have my gift card by mid April. I am only trading in my 360, HDD and 2 controllers.

My games and controller batt pack are probably going to a family member or a gamestop.

Hopefully this works the way it says it will. I figure getting $150 for my 360 at this point is a gift...I'm sick of that piece of crap.

E

Exit

Audioholic Chief
The PS3 is a good design that keeps on getting better with software downloads.

mikeyj92

mikeyj92

Full Audioholic
Well, I actually ended up doing it through Gamestop (got more $ in store credit). So I'll be buying my PS3 from there in a few weeks.

Just in time to get GTA4 along with The Show.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
You could have ebayed the elite 360 for more than $150, why did you trade it in?

mikeyj92

mikeyj92

Full Audioholic
You could have ebayed the elite 360 for more than $150, why did you trade it in?

I got more than $150 ($170 for the 360 and 2 controllers)...and it saves me the hassle of doing the whole ebay thing.

I got rid of it because I hadn't played it in a month. My wife wants a BD player (so do I). When I do play it, I get game freezes about 30% of the time. I want to play MLB 08: The Show. It is my second 360 and it is only a matter of time before I have to get another coffin and send it in again as it is running louder and slower than ever before.

Enough was enough.

I decided I'd rather have a PS3 and the games I like are generally coming out on both systems, of course The Show is only a PS3 game. GTA4 is both, Madden is both, Gran Turismo is only PS3, etc etc.

I guess getting about $230 or so (whatever I got in store credit after I turned in a few games also) meant more to me than owning a 360 after I buy a PS3. After my kid is born in a couple months, I'll hardly have any gaming time anyway, and what little free time I will have, I want my machine to allow me to play a game in full, not freeze up when I do a pitcher change in the 7th inning...like 2k7 did last year and 2k8 is doing even worse this year (my brother has it, one game it took him 5 tries before he finally recorded the last out of the game, that is pathetic).

I could ramble on, I just grew tired of the shoddiness of the 360 and wanted a BD player/game machine that works and wanted to act before my 360 died again.

Thunder18

Thunder18

Senior Audioholic
Welcome prospective PS3 owner. It's getting harder and harder to fault Sony now that the PS3 has come down in price and it's the first BD-Live player out there. Seems like you'll be just about in time for the Dual Shock 3 controller to be coming out and as you can see, I posted that a company has come up with an IR to Bluetooth adaptor that will make integrating universal remotes a whole lot easier.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I love my PS3, but I also love my 360 elite as well... Never really had any issues with either of the xbox 360's I've owned. I guess some are just better than others, hopefully MS will have much more stable hardware with their next console.

HiDefGuru

HiDefGuru

Junior Audioholic
After my First Gen PS2 went out on me 4 times, I converted to Microsoft...

and since that day, I have never looked back at the once great symmetrical analog joysticks of the DualShock.

CURSE YOU SONY! YOU TAINTED YOUR NAME IN MY EYES! >Insert shaking fist angrily at the sky Smiley Face Here<

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis