Bash 300w plate amp+ Rythmik DS12?

Matt34

Matt34

Will this amp be enough to push one of my Rythimks in the 2cu/ft sealed PE enclosures? Reason I ask is I already have one of these amps and it would be cheaper to buy a second one than another EP2500.

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
That driver is offered in two impedences, do you have the 8-ohm?

annunaki

annunaki

Judging by the Re:2.80 ohms, it is a 4 ohm nominal impedance. Lack of Pe specification does not help here.

Matt34

Matt34

I sent Rythimk an email so hopefully I'll find out shortly.

Edit: Just got an email back only stating that "the Bash amp will work."

Last edited:
Matt34

Matt34

So.....I went ahead and ordered one, what the heck it was only $137 bucks.:rolleyes: Once I get these two hooked up with the Infinities and I should be rocking like it's nobodies business.;)

annunaki

annunaki

So you are going to run 4 subs? Remember that the sub system is only as good as the weakest link when running different subwoofers.

Matt34

Matt34

So you are going to run 4 subs? Remember that the sub system is only as good as the weakest link when running different subwoofers.
Yes but in the near future there is going to be a DCX 2496 introduced into the system to replace the SMS-1. That way none of the subs will be asked to do more than they are capable of and hopefully it will help out with my placement issues. I only have one other place I can put the big Perfect subs but I do have multiple spots for the much smaller Rythmiks.

Edit: I've come to realize my room sucks (open, irregular floorplan) and I'm going with the Warpdrive approach and strong arm bass into the room with a bunch of subs.;)

Matt34

Matt34

Got my 2nd Bash 300 amp today so I'll have all four subs up and running this weekend.:D

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
when in the future will the DCX2496 be?

are you thinking rythmik for the high bass, kappas for the low bass?

Matt34

Matt34

Not sure yet, I could get it now but then I won't be able to pay to ship the Infinity towers from Chris.;) I really believe I'm probably looking at $500+/- to ship these things.:(

I'll probably keep the Kappas 18hz-80hz due to there design I really won't be compromising anything. The rythmiks I'm unsure about, I'm going to need some time to play around with the 2496 to see what's best in my room.

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
If those Kappa Perfect ported cabinets were built to spec, including the high density acoustic absorption materials and 13 ply birch, you should be able to use them to at least 95-100 Hz if a 4th order xover is used, and have perfect fidelity. The port resonance of this design is of such narrow bandwidth and of low enough relative level that it will not be audible even though it's only a fraction of an octave above the highest xover frequency I specified above. Now, to cross at 100Hz would require twin subs to be placed on each side of the room, corresponding to a relatively short distance from each main, if one wants transparent/perfect integration for music purposes, especially things like cello, acoustic bass, etc.. For things like movies, however, it's not nearly as important.

-Chris

Matt34

Matt34

If those Kappa Perfect ported cabinets were built to spec, including the high density acoustic absorption materials and 13 ply birch, you should be able to use them to at least 95-100 Hz if a 4th order xover is used, and have perfect fidelity. The port resonance of this design is of such narrow bandwidth and of low enough relative level that it will not be audible even though it's only a fraction of an octave above the highest xover frequency I specified above. Now, to cross at 100Hz would require twin subs to be placed on each side of the room, corresponding to a relatively short distance from each main, if one wants transparent/perfect integration for music purposes, especially things like cello, acoustic bass, etc.. For things like movies, however, it's not nearly as important.

-Chris

They will be used directly under the mains so I'll keep the higher cross-over in mind when making adjustments.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord

Not sure yet, I could get it now but then I won't be able to pay to ship the Infinity towers from Chris.;) I really believe I'm probably looking at $500+/- to ship these things.:(

I'll probably keep the Kappas 18hz-80hz due to there design I really won't be compromising anything. The rythmiks I'm unsure about, I'm going to need some time to play around with the 2496 to see what's best in my room.
Are you two guys locked in a Vulcan mind meld? :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis