/////Bad Pioneer////

A

and_woox

Enthusiast
Hello everybody that is reading this post, well a have a very strange problem with my pioneer vsx-d914 receiver.
my receiver is connected to the left and right output on my tv(philips tv) that is connect directilly to a coax cable(cable tv).
in some tvchannels my tv says that the audio avaible is stereo but when i put my receiver in the prologic2 modes in this stereo tvchannel i only can get sound in my center speak, and left right and center(with prologic2 music)
Well thats the only audio source that i have problens with(i can hear to a stereo mp3 from my computer normally in this modes but using my tv only one tvchannel i can hear properlly.)

Does anyone know what may be causing this, because in the past some of these tvchannels that i'm having problem with now were OK.
Thank you.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Who's your cable provider? Do you have a set top cable box?

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

I have connected a lot of TVs to HT receivers and there have been several times the end result was less than desirable. The audio signal on analog cable has too many variables to be pointing the finger at your receiver. Have you tried connecting the audio out from a VCR to your HT receiver? If you have a stereo VCR, I would suggest trying it instead of coming out of the TV.

Let us know if this helps.

SilverMK3

SilverMK3

Audioholic
When you use Pro Logic on a stereo source, the receiver will try to redirect anything that sounds like dialog to your center channel, and any music to your main L and R channels. It is likely that you were only hearing audio from your center speaker because the TV channel you were listening to only had dialog.

If you want the receiver to use only your main L and R channels, press the "STEREO" button on the front panel of the receiver or your remote and it won't do any surround processing on the signal.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Clint DeBoer said:
Most analogue cable TV channels are also in sparkling Mono.
LOL. Sparkling Mono -def. What you get after a good prom night.

L

Lincoln

Audioholic
"Available in stereo" does not mean you get the broadcast in stereo. Either the cable co is not broadcasting that channel to you in stereo or the show you are watching was not recorded in stereo. I imagine that you get all the sound thru the center speaker when this happens and that would be considered normal for a mono source. There is nothing wrong with your recvr.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis