Bad day to be a terrorist

jinjuku

jinjuku

Do you want your children to live in a theocracy, be it Christian, Muslim or any other religion? I don’t.

The Christian Nationalists wants to establish a Christian (their version, of course, as well as White) theocracy, that is, a nation where the church and the state is the same. Along comes the oppression of non-Christians, including Christians of different denominations. You can guess what happens with gays and lesbians.

What protects you now is your Constitution and laws, for now, as that is only a piece of paper unless people are willing to uphold it.

The Christian Nationalists are a tiny minority but so are Islamists.
I don't give much credence to any religion. Your 'whataboutism' is a clear sign you don't have a leg to stand on.

I asked for you to name off the top of your head and you came up with a single example. I'll rest my case there.

And lastly I would prefer my children to live in mainly Westernized cultures.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I don't give much credence to any religion. Your 'whataboutism' is a clear sign you don't have a leg to stand on.
Yeah, sure. :rolleyes:

I asked for you to name off the top of your head and you came up with a single example. I'll rest my case there.
You probably thought there weren’t any, did you? I even gave a link for your continued education.

So on top of your head, can you name female leaders, past and present, in Western countries? There are quite a few but did you get past Mrs Thatcher?

And lastly I would prefer my children to live in mainly Westernized cultures.
I wrote about theocracies so you’re fine with a Christian one?

jinjuku

jinjuku

You probably thought there weren’t any, did you? I even gave a link for your continued education.

So on top of your head, can you name female leaders, past and present, in Western countries? There are quite a few but did you get past Mrs Thatcher?

Harris, Thatcher, Merkel, Meloni, in Mexico is Sheinbaum (sp?). In the US Clinton, Pelosi, Rice, Reno, Murphy. That's what I meant by off the top of ones head. Hopefully Harris as president but certainly can be put in the list as VP.

And that's just political leaders. In industry: Fiorina, Barra, Su are the ones I can name (predominately Tech and Manufacturing).

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
In industry: Fiorina, Barra, Su are the ones I can name (predominately Tech and Manufacturing).
50 years ago at the beginning of my RR career there were no females in senior or executive roles of management that I recall. Today there are excellent woman in many key roles, including Kathy Farmer, CEO of Buffet's BNSF.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Harris, Thatcher, Merkel, Meloni, in Mexico is Sheinbaum (sp?). In the US Clinton, Pelosi, Rice, Reno, Murphy. That's what I meant by off the top of ones head. Hopefully Harris as president but certainly can be put in the list as VP.

And that's just political leaders. In industry: Fiorina, Barra, Su are the ones I can name (predominately Tech and Manufacturing).
The ones you listed for USA were not head of state nor prime ministers. The others not from USA were/are. Funny how that works.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Time will tell. However there is a good chance that the next leader may feel that they have suffered enough in Gaza. If they get sensible, I'm sure the Israelis will give the population of Garza every assistance along with other nations. If they do not realize that they can not win against the IDF, then they are not rational. Israel is not going to let them rearm and keep this going.

If they want to better their people, then their only solution is to cooperate with Israel and the international community to improve the lot of the people of Garza ASAP. Despite the hysterical outbursts from the left of the spectrum, Israelis are not Nazis. If these Shia Muslims would just recognize and allow freedom of religion, this would all end. However they have enforced their religion at the point of a sword for over a thousand years.
As the son of the founder of Hamas has said, the next leaders are dead men walking.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Fiorina? The woman that ran an excellent engineering company, HP, into the ground?

highfigh

highfigh

What is the difference between them and the vast majority of Evangelical Christians still supporting Trump, and especially the nationalist ones which corresponds directly to Islamists?

You know very well that Europe was “Christened” with the Bible in one hand and a bloody sword in the other. Then there were others with their own Bible but still the same bloody sword in their right hand doing God’s work.

Perhaps cut the Muslims, be it Shia or not, a little slack.

For the record I’m an atheist.
FWIW, I stopped observing after learning about 'killing in the name of God', myself.

Do you even know what Muslims have done in the name of Allah? Cut Muslims a break? Are you insane?

How many Evangelicals do the same things as Islamists? Where are your examples and proof?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
FWIW, I stopped observing after learning about 'killing in the name of God', myself.
I hear you and you’re not alone in this. Which makes the rest of your post puzzling.

Do you even know what Muslims have done in the name of Allah? Cut Muslims a break? Are you insane?
Same as cutting Christians a break when only comparing what they did historically? You do know what Cristians have done in the name of God? Don’t you?

How many Evangelicals do the same things as Islamists? Where are your examples and proof?
First, like @jinjuku, you should read what you reply to. ;) I note not compare Evangelicals to Islamists, but Christian Nationalists to Islamists.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
Do you want your children to live in a theocracy, be it Christian, Muslim or any other religion? I don’t.

The Christian Nationalists wants to establish a Christian (their version, of course, as well as White) theocracy, that is, a nation where the church and the state is the same. Along comes the oppression of non-Christians, including Christians of different denominations. You can guess what happens with gays and lesbians.

What protects you now is your Constitution and laws, for now, as that is only a piece of paper unless people are willing to uphold it.

The Christian Nationalists are a tiny minority but so are Islamists.
There isn’t a single mainstream church in America that wants the Church to run the Country, that is a completely false accusation. All of them want a separation of Church and State. We may differ on the definition of a Separation of Church and State whereas we want the Church to have influence in politics but what’s the alternative, zero religious influence and Hollywood (for example) has all the influence? That’s just dumb! No we actually love America and want everyone to have influence in politics and we love the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

highfigh

highfigh

Scheinbaum has only been in office for a couple of weeks, so she hasn't done anything. Being elected in Mexico, with the string of turds they had in the past 30 years will likely result in her term being very short because of the entanglements of that office and cartels, etc. If she says she plans to get rid of those, we'll be able to use an egg timer to gauge the length of time she'll be in office.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
There isn’t a single mainstream church in America that wants the Church to run the Country, that is a completely false accusation. All of them want a separation of Church and State. We may differ on the definition of a Separation of Church and State whereas we want the Church to have influence in politics but what’s the alternative, zero religious influence and Hollywood (for example) has all the influence? That’s just dumb! No we actually love America and want everyone to have influence in politics and we love the Constitution and Bill of Rights.
Take a deep breath or three and read my last sentence in my post you replied to:

“The Christian Nationalists are a tiny minority but so are Islamists.”

highfigh

highfigh

The first point may be their official stance, but many do promote candidates and hold meetings about politics. That puts them at risk of losing their tax-exempt status, too.

Yeah, Hollyweird. That's the voice of reason......

T

TankTop5

The first point may be their official stance, but many do promote candidates and hold meetings about politics. That puts them at risk of losing their tax-exempt status, too.

Yeah, Hollyweird. That's the voice of reason......
The majority of Republicans in office are also on staff as pastors at local churches. My parents used to be the official pastors at the state Capitol of California. They also have several political PACs, nobody is losing their 501C3 status over this.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
Jews? Muslims? Buddhists? Hindus? Atheists? Satanists? Others? If we want religion in our government, we are truly going down a slippery slope that our Founders obviously did not want for our new country.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

We are trying to avoid one right now, but the guy leading the charge is the Devil's advocate!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Jews? Muslims? Buddhists? Hindus? Atheists? Satanists? Others? If we want religion in our government, we are truly going down a slippery slope that our Founders obviously did not want for our new country.
They did not, because they were Cromwell's rump and had learned a hard painful lesson in the last British Civil war between 1642 and 1651.

T

TankTop5

We actually had official churches at the State level early on in our country, it was only banned at the federal level. There’s nothing wrong with religious influence in government as we have a representative government that needs to present every viewpoint in the country. It’s all about balance

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis