Bad couple weeks, all my stuff is breaking Samsung TV HDMI No signal

R

roll - gybe

Junior Audioholic
Hey guys, boo hoo, I posted in the amps forum about my Onkyo NR818, Audiosource, and squeezeboxes all going down on me. I seem to have repaired the volume pot on my Musical Fidelity A5 now...

Anyway, after getting some work done on the house, I put everything back together, and on my TV

"No Signal"

The HDMIs ports appear to be shot. Every so often a staticy image of the source will appear and say 480p.

I ran the service code and everything has a failure.

Last ditch here- is there a firmware update? This is a dumb TV with 450 hours.

Any ideas? I am super defeated and will probably quit electronics and just talk to my wife.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Any other electronics outside of your a/v stuff having issues? What do you mean you ran the service code? You know what you're doing inside the service menu?

R

roll - gybe

Junior Audioholic
No issues outside the AV stuff. And I have some old stuff running great. It’s mostly the new stuff that is upsetting in its performance.

Per the service codes - no, and I haven’t altered them yet, but I’m the kind of guy that could probably transplant his own kidney, so I’m not worried about having a glance.

I’m thinking it’s an IC/HDMI board replacement. But I’m super annoyed at the lifecycle of current AV gear.

And to clarify I checked the cables by switching in 3 cables. I checked the sources by swapping 4 sources into each HDMI port. Ran the soft reset as well.

A

APORTO

Audioholic Intern
I feel your pain. Lightning strike took out my Receiver, TV, Cable box, modem, router, garage door opener, and hot water heater. I just got cable and modem back yesterday. I had to talk to my wife every night for a week!o_O

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis