R

rollinrocker

Audioholic
Spent enjoyable evening last night (friday), downed a few ice cold "Rocks" and cranked some great tunes. This morn is a little drizzly, cloudy start so i was spending a little time on the forums. Wife just came in to tell me the washer is leaking.

Bummer.

Going washing machine shopping, yea.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Excellent, hang-overs and appliance shopping go hand in hand.:)
Just make sure the leak isn't simply from a bad connection in the back before wasting perfectly good HT money on the luxury of clean clothes.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Tip that bad boy over and check the hose connections. Sounds like a simple repair - unless the wife really wants a new washer.

Our dryer's electronics konked out about a month ago. I'm pretty good about fixing appliances. Fixed the washers gear drive a few times - parts were less than $10. But I called on the dryer parts, and they were almost $190 :mad: . The wife got a new Maytag, and couldn't be happier. Dry time went from 50min on the Whirlpool to 25min on the Maytag.

Have fun hangover shopping!

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
rollinrocker said:
Spent enjoyable evening last night (friday), downed a few ice cold "Rocks" and cranked some great tunes. This morn is a little drizzly, cloudy start so i was spending a little time on the forums. Wife just came in to tell me the washer is leaking.

Bummer.

Going washing machine shopping, yea.
.....RockinRoller, leaking in the back of the washer is most likely the water pump down low that pumps water up and out the drain hose....I've replaced water pumps on washers about three times through the years....not really difficult at all....it's the plastic housing thingie that the drain hose is attached to....but, if you and your Ms. are in agreement for a new washer, this post will self-destruct in 60 seconds.....

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Well if you must waste the day shopping for new laundry equipment make sure the store has toys for boys as well:D . Like that new H/T leather recliner!!

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
There is a very good reason SEARS puts the appliances and the big screen TVs in the same corner of the store......

hemiram

hemiram

Full Audioholic
billy p said:
Well if you must waste the day shopping for new laundry equipment make sure the store has toys for boys as well:D . Like that new H/T leather recliner!!

That's what I did when we needed a new dryer! We went to get the dryer, and came home with it, and my first DVD player! Of course, we had to stop several places to get a couple of movies on the way home too. It was a great day. Then I had to get up early for the dryer to be delivered, and then the ductwork under the utility room fell apart, so I had to go into the crawlspace and redo it. It turned out the dryer vent had been dumping a fair share of the lint and stuff inside the crawl space for years without us knowing it, and it took all day to get it all sucked up, bagged, and the new duct run. All in a space about 2" too low to sit up in, unless I wanted to put my head in between the boards!

It was about 95 degrees too, and that made it even better. :rolleyes:

R

rollinrocker

Audioholic
New washer just delivered and set up, all is well again. The old machine was 25 YEARS OLD (1981 Maytag). I'd hate to guess how many loads of laundry that thing did over the years for a family of five! By the way guys, i did check hoses, but with the recent upgrades i've made i couldn't look her in the eye and say i was going to try and fix it.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Great,

so the next time you have the urge to upgrade she knows, she just got a new Washing machine ;)
Ah leverage is sweet:D .

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis