• B&W CM Series

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B&W CDM Series

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
B

Beowulf

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>Hey Guys, pretty cool forum and website!  I'm a noobie to this forum and I am glad I found it.  I am putting together a new home theater/music set up for our new home and wanted to get some feedback on some of the speaker set-ups I am considering.

These are the electronics I will be using to run the set-up:

Rotel RSP 1066 PreAmp/Processor
Rotel RMB 1075 5 Channel Amplifier (120 watts x 5 into 8 ohms)
Rotel RDV-1060 Progressive scan DVD / DVD-A player

They will used in a open living area 17x20 with tile floors/high ceilings and a couple of Persian throw rugs.  I will probably be using it for 65% movies and 35% music.

My speaker budget is roughly $4200 (including tax) and these are the speaker set-ups I am considering:

1. M&amp;K S-150 THX ULTRA System:
S-150 THX (fronts)
S-150C THX (center)
S-150C THX (surrounds)
MX-150 THX (sub)

Total: $4,099.49 (downtownaudio.com)

2. B&amp;W 600 Series 3:

DM603 S3 (fronts)
LCR 600 S3 (center)
DM601 S3 (surrounds)
ASW 675 (sub)

Total: $3413.00 (local B&amp;W dealer)

3. B&amp;W CM Series:

CM 4 (fronts)
CM C (center)
CM 2 (surrounds)
ASW CM (subs)

Total: $3676.00 (local B&amp;W dealer)

4. B&amp;W CDM Series:

CDM 1NT (fronts)
CDM CNT (center)
CDM 1NT (surrounds)
ASW CDM (sub)

Total: $4450.00 (local B&amp;W dealer) (a little over budget, but still within reach)

So far I have only demo'd the B&amp;W 600 Series 3 and M&amp;K THX systems.  Unfortunately not at the same time or room.  My first impressions were that the B&amp;W were more musical, but the M&amp;K were very sharp for movies.

Has anybody had any experience with any of the above set-ups.  These are not the only systems I am willing to buy, so please be creative with my budget and I will try demo'ing any other recommendations.

Thanks again for any feedback it is truly appreciated!!!</font>

F

Fidelity4Me

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>I'm just putting my own system together (read: newbie), but I am personally going with the B&amp;W CDM-9NTs (the clarity of the surroundless mids and wonderfully tight bass drivers are worth the extra money IMO) and a less expensive subwoofer, after having demo'd many speaker lines. &nbsp;Compare for yourself (same room and amp) whenever possible because EVERYONE (myself included) has his/her own opinion. &nbsp;If you've heard the value, then it's worth it to you. &nbsp;And enjoy the process: purchases can rarely get much better (legally) than new stereo equipment. &nbsp;
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
Khellandros66

Khellandros66

Banned
<font color='#000000'>Beowulf~

Personally I am a big Definitive fan, and will always be one, I think that the best all around 50/50 perfomance is their specialty.  For $4200 you should consider this system.

BP2002tl
C/L/R2000
BPXs
$3646 before tax
If not this then I would go M&amp;K S150

;)~

Bob</font>

Khellandros66

Khellandros66

Banned
<font color='#000000'>Also Atlantic Technology has a new setup called the System 6200 which may be in your price range too.</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis