I

inthecup

Audiophyte
Have researched speakers for months now, I have considered any 5 speaker system $2000 - $2500. My top choice are a pair of 603 S3 or 604 S3, LCR 600 S3 for my center, I want to mount the rear speakers on the wall so I have chose th M1's. Am I on the right track?

cgk

cgk

Junior Audioholic
B&W speakers

My roommate has a pair of B&W 603 S3 and I like them.

He's using a Rotel integrated amp and I find that although the speakers are not well positioned they sound great and have good imaging. We find the bottom a little heavy, but I think that is mainly due to poor acoustics in the room. (we're moving out in a week so we haven't tried to address placement or room acoustics at all)

D

dis

Junior Audioholic
I own a pair of 603's and I like em actually thinking of upgrading to some 704's most B&W dealers usually take back old speakers at their full retail value as credit towards new purchases but this is besides the point.

If your leaning more towards HT and already have a quality sub then I'd suggest taking the 603's as the difference in bass output between the 604 and 603's will not be apparent if there is a sub and the extra money you save could be put to better use elsewhere (maybe put the extra money towards a pair of 601's as surrounds to achieve better timbre balancing, I think the extra money will also cover the cost of the wall brackets)

If your also looking to do 2ch music out of your 5ch system then I'd suggest the 604's I do find the 603's a little lacking in bass when I listen to music (mainly Metal, Rock & RnB)

I can't speak for the 603's per se, but I gave up my 602s for Axiom M80ti(s) a while back and was amazed at the sonic difference.

C

claudermilk

Full Audioholic
The 603s aren't bad, but IMHO there's better out there.

annunaki

annunaki

Clint DeBoer said:
I can't speak for the 603's per se, but I gave up my 602s for Axiom M80ti(s) a while back and was amazed at the sonic difference.

Clint,

What series 602s? S2, S3? What where the differences? Thanks.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis