B&W CCM663 versus CCM664 or other?

D

DonnyJFr

Audiophyte
Hello All - New to the forum and appreciate the conversations. I am doing a major overhaul to my house and plan to use this opportunity this opportunity to build my dream sound system. About 9 years, I stumbled into a great local audio store and they sold me on buying a solid state McIntosh MC2125. It powered my back yard with 6 Polk Atrium Sat30 and 1 Sub10 beautifully. Needless to say, I will never go back, I am old McIntosh power amps all the way.

So, now the challenge. I need to pick in-ceiling speakers because space is a premium inside our Chicago homes and I don't like the look of in-wall speakers. My budget is $200-$250 per speaker. I went back to my audio store and they recommend either the B&W CCM663 or CCM664, but they only had the 663 to listen to (the more expensive of course) and so I don't know how to compare it to the 664. Has anyone experienced the difference between these two?

I will want this system for both background music during they day and for large parties where the house can fill up to 50-60 people. I am looking to implement a few subwoofers in the floor throughout and was looking at PowerPipe for these - would love to hear any thoughts on that too. I am also open to other in-ceiling recommendations people may have.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis