B&W 601 S1/602 S1/CC6 S2 or PSB B25/C40

L

Lando

Audiophyte
Hi guys!

I'm new here and I want to start getting some half decent speakers now that my old Sony HTIB died. I can buy locally some B&W DM60x for about $500 , but they are S1 except for the center channel (B&W 601(2) S1/602(2) S1/CC6 S2). On the other hand there's this guy selling two PSB B25 Bookshelf speakers along with a C40 center channel. The B&W are $150 more but there are 5 speakers plus he's throwing in a Denon AVR 1612 for free to sweeten up the deal. Thing is, those speakers are way older than the PSB. Are the B&Ws a better buy just because they are cheaper? I can find a new Onkyo TX-SR444 or Pioneer VSX-1130 for $299 , so it would be $500 for the 5 older B&W with the old Denon or $650 for the 3 newer PSBs with the new Onkyo or Pioneer. Or perhaps non of them is a good deal and I could find something better for $650.

Sorry for so many questions. I am trying to learn something here.

Thanks

[ update ] the PSB guy can add a pair of B1 for $150. So it's $500 for the PBS Image B25/C40/B1 or $500 for the B&W DM601 S1/CC6 S2/602 S1/Denon AVR 1612

Last edited:
Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Image series PSBs are really good. I'd go with those.

The B&W 600 series didn't hit their stride till the S3s. I'd pass on the B&Ws

L

Lando

Audiophyte
Alright guys. Thanks for the feedback. I was kind of wishing you would say the PSB are better. How would they compare against the same B&W DMs but the S3 models?
Thanks!

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis