C

chriscummings

Audiophyte
I see reviews about these speakers being the best you can buy for the money (around $2300). i have never seen a side by side review. I am a younger man that listens to rap, country, jazz 50% of the time and when watching movies, I throw in anything everything, Musicals, live audio dvd's, action, adventure moives. So I take it I am looking for the best all around system that plays everything. Here are the 2 systems I am down to. If there are any better i would love to know, and also who would win a face off.
I am will be using the Denon 2805 Receiver, and Denon 2910 DVD Player.

Axiom System

Front - M60Ti
Surr - QS8
CNTR - VP150
Sub - EP350
----------------------
Total $2313

Aperion System

Front - 522D-PT
Surr - 522D-LR
CNTR - 522D-VAC
Sub - S12
----------------------
Total $2437

Please help, this bugs me to death. My knowledge to have the best bang for the buck, and best in class is what I stive for.

chriscummings83@yahoo.com is my e-mail. and 304-633-6263 is phone #.
Need some seroius input

T

tomnandrea

Audiophyte
Speaker Face-Off, Axiom vs. Aperion

I too am interested in this "speaker battle". Strange,no posts were received on this topic. I am considering purchasing one of the above myself. I have the Denon AVR 3805 receiver and the Denon 2910 DVD player also. Input please!

Shinerman

Shinerman

Senior Audioholic
The reason there are no responses is because there are really no right answers. No one can say which is best. Someone can only say which they prefer and that is different for every person. I may like the Aperion better than the Axiom and Joe Shmoe may like the Axioms better. Neither of us would be wrong.

The correct answer? Listen to them and pick the one you like best. Granted these are both internet dealers and it's going to be hard to audition them but that's a whole other discussion.

My advise? Go out a listen to some speakers and narrow it down to what you like best and buy that speaker. Or if you are still stuck on the Axiom or Aperion, read as many comments from owners and others and see which one seems to compare closely in sound charateristics you liked in the speakers you auditioned.

Shinerman

A

Ajax

Audioholic
Shinerman is providing you with good advice. I know that with so many brands, and so many models, the hunt for speakers can be quite daunting. When I began looking, I just wanted to come to these forums and say for cripes sakes, someone just tell me which is the 'best' speaker in my price range." Unfortunately, that's just not possible, because "best" is a completely subjective decision. One man's ceiling is another man's floor.

The only sure way find your "best" speaker is to audition them in YOUR room. The room in which the speakers will be placed, due to size, shape, furnishings, etc., will have a profound effect on the way a speaker sounds. Auditioning in a store, or at a friends house will certainly give you an idea of the characteristics of speaker line, and is a worthwhiol first step. But, there is no guarantee they'll sound the same in your room.

With store brands, see if you can take them home for an audition. Some stores will allow this. Even buy them, and take them home, as long as they are returnable, for a full refund, within a certain period of time.

The internet vendor brands, like Axiom, usually have a liberal return policy, and will refund your money as long as they are returned within the specified time period. Yes, you have to pay some shipping, but that can be a small percentage of the investment your are intending to make. It's well worth it to be sure you are getting something you are happy with. A good thing to do is to order just the front two speakers to see if you like their sound. Should you not care for them, you only need return two speakers rather the 5, 6, 7, or 8. If you like them, just order the rest of the set.

Take your time, do your homework, and enjoy the process. It can be frustrating, but it can also be fun.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis