Axiom vs. Aperion & the truth about Bose

U

Unregistered

I've had a 5.1 system from Bose for about 7 years now. Not a cube system but one I pieced together using the 201 Series speakers as the fronts and then a center/surrounds package I got from Sams and DCM subwoofer I found at Circuit City(don't know the model).

I'd like to upgrade it all (keeping bookshelf speakers) and it seems that according to most sites I've read, the best bang for the buck in a 5.1 system under $1500 is either Aperion or Axiom but I haven't seen a direct comparison of the two. Does anyone have any thoughts on which of the two has the best sound?

Also, in this price range, am I honestly going to be able to tell a difference from my old Bose speakers? If so, will it be a mild change or a whole new world?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
IMO, either of the two systems you are considering are a significant upgrade from your Cube speakers. From our experience Axiom offer very high value and many forum members here are happy owners on them.

You may also wish to check out our 5.1 Speaker Shootout for other options.

U

Unregistered

Also check out Ascend Acoustics, awesome bang for the buck speakers.

O

outsider

Audioholic
Unregistered said:
Also, in this price range, am I honestly going to be able to tell a difference from my old Bose speakers? If so, will it be a mild change or a whole new world?QUOTE]

based on the speakers in your price range that I have heard, the change from Bose will be more like a whole new world.

Speakers I have heard include:
Aperion
Paradigm (Cinema and Performance series)
Boston Acoustics (CR series)

there are a few others that I can't remember the names of.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis