Axiom or Klipsch HT set (Newbie needs help)

M

Mattlock

Enthusiast
I'm still struggleing between the Axiom setup with SVS Sub

Option 1
Axiom
Front (M40tis) 396
Center (VP100) 216
Surround (QS4) 360

SVS PB10Sub 470
Total 1442

Option 2 from a local vendor
Klipsch
Klipsch AVX Prices
RB25 x2 399
RC25 279
RS25x2 398
SVSPB10 470
tax 109

I can save about 200 going with the Axioms. Of course I am relying on others' opinions but I havent heard any negative comments on their speakers. Worse case I have to pay to have them returned.

Anyone know first hand between the two options?

Secondly, anyone know if the SVS PB10 is better than the Axiom EP175?

thanks
Mattlock

W

warpdrive

Full Audioholic
Why only those two setups? I'd look at stuff by PSB, Paradigm or Energy before going with either of those two setups.

You can go with SVS but for the speakers I think you can get better sound. The stuff from Klipsch or Axiom that I've heard were not that impressive to me. I'd also consider the STF-2 from Hsu, it's slightly cheaper and sounds very good with lots of punch also.

C

Camisano

Enthusiast
I presently Have Klipsch:
L/R mains: SF-2
Center: SC-1
Rears: SS-1
Sub: RSW-10

I am presently driving them w/ a Harman Kardon AVR-85 and Harman Kardon PA-5800, but I am replacing the Harman Kardon w/ the Pioneer Elite 56TXi.

I really enjoy the speakers and have no complaints about them what so ever. I think you would be happy w/ the klipsch. It also depends on the type of speaker you like and it's characterisitics. Your ears need to be the judge of that.

Chris

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
warpdrive said:
Why only those two setups? I'd look at stuff by PSB, Paradigm or Energy before going with either of those two setups.

You can go with SVS but for the speakers I think you can get better sound. The stuff from Klipsch or Axiom that I've heard were not that impressive to me. I'd also consider the STF-2 from Hsu, it's slightly cheaper and sounds very good with lots of punch also.
I agree. Or, Athena if money is tight.

No comment on Axiom. I have never heard them. :confused:

Malakei

Malakei

Junior Audioholic
axoims

I have a good freind who is completely obsessed with klipsch where I on the other hand are far from impressed by their product. They have very nice styling on pretty much all of their products however I think any audio enthusiast of any kind will take sound over sight anyday of the week. As for the axioms i've heard great things about them and their subs are apparently phenomenal. Don't rule out some of their counterparts tho, keep browsing like some of the others have posted, i never hurts to do your research and look through a few review sites and spec sheets. Ive recently been trying to dabble in an entry level system and ive been researching whats hot for weeks now. I know your excited to get started like I am but there will always be something new and innovative coming out so the bestthing to do is take your time and do your research. Not to mention in the time it takes you, the speakers you want might end up dropping in price or going on sale ;).....Anyways Boo to klipsch... i think they are an overpriced hair stylist heheh

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis