Axiom Millenia 80 vs Paradigm Studio 80

R

ribellarsi

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>If anyone could help me out, I would really appreciate it...I have a dilemma on these two moderately priced speaker setups..I have read great reviews on them from other sources so I am just looking for a little push in the right direction.

These will probably be used initially in a 2 channel setup and then later, maybe add more for HT.

I have a Yamaha DSP-AZ1 aka RX-Z1...if that makes a difference for pairing up these speakers to the AV receiver.

Thanks.</font>

D

duff

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>Based on just one listening of the Paradigm studio 80s, I wasn't impressed.  I thought it was missing something in the mid/upper frequencies.  Seemed noticably repressed in a certain range.  Not very technical, I know, and no idea what range it was.  
I did like the way the Studio 60's sounded though (but I ended up choosing the Axiom 60s for the price)

So Axiom 80 vs. Paradigm 80 I'd personally take the Axioms.</font>

R

ribellarsi

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Thanks guys. &nbsp;Just what I was looking for from your comments. &nbsp;Nothing highly technical as I am not an engineer nor an expert. &nbsp;Last system was an Onkyo TSX something paired with booze (yawn) AM3 on the front and AM7s on the rear. &nbsp;Really flat and boxy, kind of &quot;canned&quot; sound to me. &nbsp;Ex loved 'em and thats where there at now...

I finally have a little cash to spend so the Yamaha is on its way. &nbsp;I have been leaning towards the Axioms as they have received very good reviews for their price.

Eventually, with money, I will add other components for HT but for now its just 2 channel mode.

cheers</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>You could always test out the Axioms, and send them back if you don't like them. Thier 30 day plan is great. Free shipping to you, too.</font>

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
<font color='#000000'>Duff;

My listening impressions of the Paradigm Studio 60v2 vs the 80v2 were very similar to yours.  I just felt the 80s midrange was more recessed than the 60's.  I personally prefer the 40/60s to the 80s.  While the 80's have better bass extension than both, most people will be mating their speakers with a sub for home theater so I suspect it should be less of an issue/concern.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis