N

neznarf

Audioholic Intern
Man, I gotta hand it to Axiom. Between AH and Axiom's website, they've got it licked. I looked at many other speaker websites and found myself chasing my tail (to no avail): high-priced, didn't know what I was looking at, couldn't compare one speaker to another, had to jump around looking for specs and prices, reviews were very subjective, and the ones with the best websites were cheaper imitations.
I spent 3 months of research before I bought my receiver, but after all the nonsense I found looking for speakers, to hell with it. I already know Axioms
sound good. I already know they are well-built and well-priced. I know I like how they look. And man-oh-man I like their website.
I am not going to spend another 3 months researching speakers; or 2 or 1.
And with so many rave reviews at their back, how could I go wrong?
Yes, that's right: You might like your B&W, your Ascend, your Athena, your PSB, Energy, NHT, Paradigm, or even your blows acousticrap, but I gotta tell ya, I'm ready to plunk down my 2 grand and move on....

C

cbraver

Audioholic Chief
Websites are an absolutely huge marketing tool and I still think a lot of companies have really crappy websites for what they are selling. I also agree that their website is top notch and that other manufacturers should look up to them when (re)designing their websites.

The site is clean, the products and their prices are easy to find and the "Home Theater Wizard" is a great idea.

The speakers themselves, well, not my cup of tea, but, a lot of people like them here and I always say "Speakers are a very personal thing."

Agree 100%, a top notch website.

Oh, and enjoy your speakers. ;)

-Chad

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
They are one of the nicest looking speakers. It's a sin to put the grills on. Just wished they sold them locally. Would love to hear them. There's been some negative talk on the larger floorstanders, but I can't find it. I think it was earlier in the week. It may have been about the M80ti's and their 4 ohm ratings and bass response. What do you want with dual 6.5" woofers? That's what subs are for. Just get a high end receiver and you're set.

C

cbraver

Audioholic Chief
Buckeyefan 1 said:
They are one of the nicest looking speakers. It's a sin to put the grills on. Just wished they sold them locally. Would love to hear them. There's been some negative talk on the larger floorstanders, but I can't find it. I think it was earlier in the week. It may have been about the M80ti's and their 4 ohm ratings and bass response. What do you want with dual 6.5" woofers? That's what subs are for. Just get a high end receiver and you're set.
*Shrug* I'm an M&K guy, so, I'm all for the satelite and subwoofer combo.. I think it's "the right thing."

-Chad

C

clayman88

Junior Audioholic
I would agree. I think a nice webpage interface is a huge plus when doing product research. I've been doing nothing but research for the last few months and Axiom does have one of the nicer sites, but I've come to find out theres a lot of crappy websites out there. I hate it when sites dont post enough information about their equipment, espcially prices. I really like how Axiom, Paradigm & B&W's site have comparison charts.

C

cbraver

Audioholic Chief
clayman88 said:
I hate it when sites dont post enough information about their equipment, espcially prices.
Or when you have to guess if it's EACH or PAIR when they actually do list the price. Grrr...

R

Red

Audioholic
Neznarf....go for it. It is a good site, they are roundly well reviewed speakers, they are very sharp looking, and they have a customer friendly return policy just in case your ears do not agree.

B

bray

Audioholic Intern
Really!???

REALLY!?
I own Axioms, and although I find their website easy to navigate, I find it to be less than attractive to look at. Of course I've been in advertising for 20+ years, so I look at things a little more critically.
I do love Axiom speakers though.

I havent heard their speakers yet, but I really like the look of Aperion Audios website.

corysmith01

corysmith01

Senior Audioholic
Bray, very funny...finally I've come across another ad guy on here. I, too, look at things a bit more critically...being an art director probably doesn't help. And yeah, good pick up on Aperion. I also like the way their site looks...just haven't heard the speakers.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
I havent heard their speakers yet, but I really like the look of Aperion Audios website.
The look of the mustachioed middle-aged guy doing the Peptol-Bismol dance and the lady taking the 522 for the 50-yard dash are worth the visit to the website alone :)

corysmith01

corysmith01

Senior Audioholic
Funny...yeah, maybe the photos need a little work, but the overall look is pretty nice....comparatively speaking.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis