Axiom Audio EP500 Review

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
My older sub did not have an auto on/off feature and I used my Adcom ACE to turn it on with the rest of my system. Would this be advisable with the EP500 and all other subs since they really don't turn off completely? Or is this really not a big deal? I'm thinking long term here since I tend to keep my equipment for many years.

From the review:
Editorial Note on Auto Off (update 07/14/05)
In our investigative studies we actually discovered that there really isn't a true auto off on any powered subwoofer which doesn't have an independent DC trigger line. In reality most subs simply remove the connection between the power output devices and the subwoofer driver during the auto off state. But the power transformer and associated amplifier electronics are still active.

J

jc1carter829@ho

Audioholic Intern
Axiom EP500 VS Paradigm PS2200

Which Candian company makes the better all around subwoofer for MOVIES and music> I had recently brought Paradigm Studio 20's ver III, I love these speakers, the sound is beautiful and believe me. It had some bass, but need more, So I need a subwoofer to bring out the bass and put the oomph in my movies and music. My budget is around the $1200 range, What are your guys thoughts????? One day put the Studio 20's in the rear and purchase the Studio 100 ver III upfront. I can't wait, Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Stone__Man

Stone__Man

Audioholic Intern
for me this is perfect timing for this thread to be at the top of the first page, as I am in the market for a sub and the ep500 is on my shortlist. cool beans ;)

KC23

KC23

Audioholic
After a lot of research I'm saving for the EP500. Only $400 more to go before I order that bad boy. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis