W

Waterboy

Audiophyte
(4 images attached...hope they show up)

I built this computer to be used as a HTPC in my home. I easily spent at least $1000.00 on it, but have found myself not using it all that much. It needs a nice home that will give it the attention it deserves! Thank god I'm not married, because I'd probably be getting yelled at right about now. Maybe I just enjoyed the fun of the project...either way, I waste money, and you get a good deal.

You can use it for tivo-like functions, burn shows to dvd, watch movies, store your cd library digitally (optical and coaxial outs to receiver) play games, surf the web....blah blah blah.

The HTPC works great, and I picked a case that would fit well into a home theatre system. You can see the footprint is about the size of an AV receiver. The front panel can be flipped down to reveal the CD/DVD+/-R/RW and the fan control interface. I am extremely noise sensitive, and I went through a lot of trial and error with other parts before I settled on this configuration. Right now it is VERY quiet. I upgraded the power supply, CPU fan, and case fan to quiet models. Also, I removed the super-noisy fan on the graphics card and stuck a fanless Zalman heatsink on it. The result? A very quiet ride. The fans can be cranked down even further than I have it via the fan controller, but I'm paranoid about it overheating. You should NOT stick the unit in an enclosed cabinet for that reason.

I have Windows XP driving the system, and will include the original Microsoft software w/ serial. Snapstream media is installed for TV viewing and recording.

So here are the rest of the specs:

Coolermaster HTPC case (very solid construction...awesome case)
CoolMax silent switching Powersupply, CPU fan, Vantec case fan, and Vantec fan controller.

Athlon XP 2500+ processor
512mb PC2700 333mhz RAM (Vantec heatsink installed for cooling)
160 GB Hard disk (Seagate)
Liteon CD/DVD+/-RW The DVDR burn speed is 4X

Hauppage PVR250 TV card w/remote and IR sensor (Hardware encoding model)
Wireless card

Asus Geforce4ti video card w/ DVI out and S-Video out. (Zalman Heatsink installed for fanless operation)

Biostar Micro-atx motherboard has both Optical and Coaxial digital audio outputs so you can connect to your receiver.

I'll also include a wireless Keyboard and mouse, along with the DVI-D cable that I use to connect to my widescreen TV.

As I mentioned, I'll also include Windows XP, and Snapstream is installed. I also use myHTPC (freeware) which I've used to interface with my CD library. That's really my favorite part. Most people like the live tivo-like functions of Snapstream ,and the ability to burn shows to DVD, but having all of your CD's right there digitally at your fingertips is pretty dang cool.

Wait...I think I'm talking myself out of selling this thing now...

Asking $775.00...

Attachments

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis