AVR's top 100 of 2005

T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief
droeses58

I see no Yamaha's, hard to believe because they sure seem to be loved around here.:confused:

I happened to notice several Sony items which seem to get bashed on here. What's up with that?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I think that list is crazy!

No Pioneer either. No Panny AE700 projector - which was perhaps the best selling HT projector last year!

I don't think any consideration for actual overall quality AND value went into that list, but it was more a hodge-podge of what they liked.

Lots of Meridian near the top, the Sony Qualia stuff... Those are great items, but not for the money. The Sonos music server is cool enough and actually does represent a good idea combined with good value. I think the list lacks a lot of common sense items and replaces them with either high ticket items or high advertiser $$$ items.

HookedOnSound

HookedOnSound

Full Audioholic
I don't like their list.

Did you click some of the links? Some of the reviews go back to 2000!

IMHO, they should have done a Top 10 with strictly 2005 products. Who will remember Choice # 47 or 53 etc ?

Yeah, that 3 year-old Mark Levinson is pretty compelling at $30,000. I hear it even has Dolby Digital capability. :)

shokhead

shokhead

Audioholic General
No SVS on there and did i not see a DVD recorder on the list?

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Check out the review dates . . .

2002, 2003, 2004, and a few from 2005. I would think that the 2005 list would comprise mostly products and technology that were released in 2005.
I guess they don't review enough HT equipment to compile such a list.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis