M

MikeBike

Audiophyte
Hi!I have denon x6400, I bought it july 20 ,and now I 6500 came out with IMAX features, if I can change for the same price I'll definitely go for ,I got it from abt electronics, my question is what the diffrence between 6400 and 6500 besides IMAX thru firmware later on, price diffrence is 700$ ,6400 sells now for 1500 at crutchfield and abt has it to

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Hi!I have denon x6400, I bought it july 20 ,and now I 6500 came out with IMAX features, if I can change for the same price I'll definitely go for ,I got it from abt electronics, my question is what the diffrence between 6400 and 6500 besides IMAX thru firmware later on, price diffrence is 700$ ,6400 sells now for 1500 at crutchfield and abt has it to
I cant imagine any single feature worth $700. I'd stick with yours and continue to enjoy

selden

selden

Audioholic
The 2018 (...500H) models also have restored the Web interface which was removed from previous HEOS-capable receivers. (It's not yet available in the flagship AVR-X8500H, though.) However, for most people the Denon smartphone app is more than sufficient.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
The 2018 (...500H) models also have restored the Web interface which was removed from previous HEOS-capable receivers. (It's not yet available in the flagship AVR-X8500H, though.) However, for most people the Denon smartphone app is more than sufficient.
Agreed, had the web control before, never felt the need for it.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Not sure if the IMAX enhanced thing is worth it but I bet it is more likely another hype than something that improves audio/video quality in practical ways. Other than that feature, the 6400 and 6500 are virtually the same.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Not sure if the IMAX enhanced thing is worth it but I bet it is more likely another hype than something that improves audio/video quality in practical ways. Other than that feature, the 6400 and 6500 are virtually the same.
I would be surprised if IMAX was something amazing as well, but maybe it could be. Probably likely that it is just something like a THX type setting. :)

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I would be surprised if IMAX was something amazing as well, but maybe it could be. Probably likely that it is just something like a THX type setting. :)
D&M wasn't too keen on THX, wonder why they seem excited about this IMAX thing.

selden

selden

Audioholic
D&M wasn't too keen on THX, wonder why they seem excited about this IMAX thing.
My understanding is that THX certification (if that's what you mean) was very expensive and certainly was not all that well known outside the audiophile community. In contrast, IMAX is relatively well known to the public and is primarly an A/V presentation format. Such certification as is involved seems to be minimal beyond whatever is implemented in the decoder.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis