AVR-S970H Manual speaker setup menu issue?

J

JackD68

Enthusiast
When I first got this receiver a week ago I had a menu that allowed me to change my speakers from large to small all of a sudden the menu changed and I no longer have that option.

Did I change something and make this happen? if I did how can I change it back ,or is the receiver whacked out ?
I sent a message to Denon but I don't think they are going to reply or help me.
This is not my first AVR But I am not near as knowledgeable as some

I tried to go back in and change the size of my front speakers but I'm no longer able to. Speaker configuration is no longer in the menu.
When I first got the receiver this is the menu I had.
amp assign
speaker configuration
distances
levels
crossovers
base
speaker preset
Advanced

This is the menu I have now Shown in my picture
The second picture is what I get when go into speaker layout still no way to change speaker size
I appreciate any help I can get

Menu.jpg

Menu 3.jpg

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd start with perhaps a soft reset ( unplug the avr from power for a bit)....and perhaps a full microprocessor/factory reset per your manual otherwise.

J

JackD68

Enthusiast
I'd start with perhaps a soft reset ( unplug the avr from power for a bit)....and perhaps a full microprocessor/factory reset per your manual otherwise.
thanks I appreciate it , I should have mentioned that I have factory reset the receiver twice and the menu has not changed, And I did also at one point unplug the receiver waited 30 seconds before plugging it back in

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Your chosen sound mode will also have a bearing on use of sub, can you be more specific?

J

JackD68

Enthusiast
Doesn't seem to make a difference On the menu if I have it on Dolby Atmos or Dolby Digital Plus

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Doesn't seem to make a difference On the menu if I have it on Dolby Atmos or Dolby Digital Plus
Those wouldn't necessarily make any difference with a sub. My newest Denon avr seems to blur the lines on what is actually DA vs DD+

J

JackD68

Enthusiast
I don't seem to be having a problem with the sub , I had my front speakers set as large and I wanted to go back in and change them too small but when I went back in there the speaker configuration in the menu was gone and I can't change the size of the front speakers anymore

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I don't seem to be having a problem with the sub , I had my front speakers set as large and I wanted to go back in and change them too small but when I went back in there the speaker configuration in the menu was gone and I can't change the size of the front speakers anymore
That can depend on the sound mode whether that's an option (like LFE+Main). If using a sub no real reason to use speaker set as "large" (i.e. do not use bass management).

J

JackD68

Enthusiast
I realized there's no reason to have front speakers set too large that's why I went to change them.
I do have LFE+Main selected

J

JackD68

Enthusiast
When I change that setting to LFE Only it has no effect on the menu it does not change

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I realized there's no reason to have front speakers set too large that's why I went to change them.
I do have LFE+Main selected
Try LFE instead, setting your mains to "small" so as to use bass management....

J

JackD68

Enthusiast
FYI
a member on AVS forum pointed me too the information about the firmware update change, the information is not available in the PDF manual but is available on the web manual

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis